PDA

View Full Version : died out when braking or turning left or right

billiardmaniac
04-22-2003, 04:12 PM
:wtf: hey accorders i have a problem. My nadine died out when i braked at the stop light and sign.... Im thinking its because oil is low. It does need a quart, but do you guys think its that?
I recently had it serviced for the fuel injectors had the o rings replaced. but ever since then it would idle high to up to 2000 rpms then it will lower down to 1200 rpms... but whats funny is that when i brake the rpms goes low to like 800 rpms and then to 500 rpms then it feels like it flutters and wants to die out.... whats even more funny is that when that happens i put it in nuetral it idles faster.... its freekin weird any ideas yall? :werd:

johndej
04-22-2003, 05:02 PM
i had that shit a while ago. the rpms would be at idle at a stop light or something and i'd push down on the breaks and they would drop untill it seemed it'd stall and then come back up when i lifted my foot. it did it a bit less severly when i turned the wheel all the way in a direction. i got a full tune up and oil change and i havn't noticed it that much anymore.

1988starter
04-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Refill the oil and try something thicker.

c20v6turbo3rdgen
04-22-2003, 08:18 PM
when that happend with me it was my ground to my tranny but my would just die when I would press the brakes. I had to drive home downshifting. my wire looked like a really bad battery wire. I took off the bracket/clutch cable bracket off of the tranny and sutck it behind it and screwed it back on there and I have had no problems with it. The strange thing was when I got in my car (when I did not know what was wrong with it) I would tryto crank it and it would turn over for a sec and the whole car lost power until I would get out and slam the door. That would shake the cable back to the tranny and it would get a ground again. So I got in and out of the car over and over till i figured to check the termanels on the battery. I followed the - and i found it was not getting a connection to a ground. Sory to go on and on about that bu I hope that helps. PM me and let me know...

maxoutracer
04-22-2003, 09:59 PM
check with your ground wire it might be fauty.

ACCORD EX
04-23-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by c20v6turbo3rdgen
until I would get out and slam the door.

:D :lol !

that's really funny !:D

MIKE

POS carb
04-23-2003, 12:21 PM
lol what the hell braking has to do with the oil
Cars with bad batteries do that, or you have a big vacuum leak in the booster. Is oyur car carbed?

shupeedo-cord
05-10-2003, 07:07 PM
yes this problem happens with carbed cars /. cuz i have one and it hapens all the time .. but usualy if when i press the gass after braking ... i fixed that with a new blaster coil... my engine was runing low in spark .. so get a new coil!

ACCORD EX
05-11-2003, 12:52 AM
just check your old coild first with a multimeter before buying a new one !

MIKE

Mike's89AccordLX
05-11-2003, 12:57 AM
I know this isn't "on topic" but I was wondering what are some colder spark plugs? I have NGK Power V right now.