PDA

View Full Version : please help

socal3rdgen
04-22-2003, 06:47 PM
i need to know what is a good site that i can browse and see good specs on higherend home stereo equipment. i am wiring a house and i need some kick ass shit. The guy that is buying it doesnt want the cheap shit but doesnt want the 6000 recievers niether. he wants to pay about 900 -1000 on the receiver alone. plainly hes rich. anyways i also need a link to a forum or reviews so i can browse what the recievers can do vs. what they say they can do. I know you guys are good at audio but i have oly set up 5 speaker systems. this guy has multiple speakers outside and multiple speakers inside. im looking for a technique or switch box that will allow me to turn the outside speakers on or off (i should also assume that the highend recieve would be able to do that). thanks a lot. oh buy the way his house is prewired wil speaker cable/cat 5/cat 3. so i dont have to actually run it through walls. i just need to hook it up. I have wired systems before but never highend systems so the manufactures im sure are different. I am pulling my knowledge also form when i used to wire my cars with sound systems.

shepherd79
04-23-2003, 03:35 AM
here you go. http://www.crutchfield.com very good company. i ordered a few things from them before, and i like the product.

goldyaccord
04-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by shepherd79
here you go. http://www.crutchfield.com very good company. i ordered a few things from them before, and i like the product.

Crutfield is NOT the place to buy high end stuff. I suggest looking around online for independant stores and compare prices on a certain brand.

We have a Integra reciever and I think it ran about 3 grand. very nice! as for speakers, we have some from Mobileaudio. two towers, two surrounds, and a Centerchannel along with a 300 watt sub. all together it was 9 grand my dad Spent. It's really nice to hear some rock songs on 5.1 quality! It's soooooo clear!

good luck Installing!

socal3rdgen
04-23-2003, 07:23 PM
cool ill try looking at specialty online sites. thanks

does anyone know a website that is good for reveiwing these systems.

87DXHatch
04-30-2003, 04:52 PM
www.hometheaterforum.com

The last home theatre site you will ever need... reviews, feedback, sales, EVERYTHING.

That is all.