PDA

View Full Version : Wheels Im Gonna Buy

HondaBoy
04-22-2003, 07:24 PM
as some of us here are crazy over honda stuff, i am. after checking on my car at the body shop, i stopped by the junkyard 2day. i though i would see if they had any new hondas. they guy had just gotten a CRX. its wrecked in the front so its not worth fixin up. i think its an HF. neway it has some pretty cool wheels that are lighter than my alloys from an LX-I. they are also aluminium alloys. they are near perfect for 16 or 17 year old rims. maybe newer like late 80s but are cool. they are only 13s, but that isnt a problem for me. i like them small and light weight. they came on something like the 83 accords and 88-89 civics. all they need is to be washed and put some shine on the tires. they are full tread. this guy only wants $75 for all 4!!! this guy is the man! i got the LX-I rims with good tires from him for $50 last time. so i think i will get them sometime this week. if i do get em, ill just clean em up and have em ready to put on my 3gee at the end of the week when the body shop finishes up. i think i will get em. in where its says model, copy this COW-63647, paste and select alloy wheels.this pic is on a site that sells them new or refinished for $75 each, which is what im gonna pay for the set of 4.
http://www.capitalwheels.com/cgi-bin/capitalwheels/commerce.cgi
nobody here in my town has these rims on any honda ive seen.

HondaBoy
04-23-2003, 06:32 PM
well if u seen the wheels i hope yall like em. im gonna try and get em tomorrow. i measured to make shur i can fit em into my trunk. it will be a perfect fit. to be extra shur i put some old LX-I rims in there to see if they fit. they did. i realy want the rims. im gonna surprise my friends with the rims cuz they have no idea that im gettin em.

blazin3gen
04-23-2003, 06:45 PM
here they are it looks prety cool i wanna see what they look like on the 3gee

http://images.capitalwheels.com/images/63647-lrg.gif

Mike89Accordcom
04-23-2003, 10:27 PM
hmmmmm. Ya half to see.

markmdz89hatch
04-24-2003, 10:31 AM
kinda like a '98 Civic HX wheel, only those are 14's instead of ur 13's. Good find, I think they'll look pretty cool on the 3G. Take pics and post 'em asap.

ACCORD EX
04-24-2003, 12:47 PM
look small to me ! if i am gonna get rims , i won't get less that 15 's !

MIKE

HondaBoy
04-24-2003, 02:07 PM
well i went and bought them for $60. they dont have enough time 2day to take em off, but they gave me a receipt. so im going there tomorrow to pick em up. ill probley spend my evening cleaning them and making them look perdy. i think ill put em on my car tomorrow too. since it will be friday, its gonna be cruise night, and i was promissed by the body shop that my 3gee would be completely finished. so ill have a good lookin car with new rims.

87AccordLXsdn
04-24-2003, 02:28 PM
those look ok....whats your car in the shop for?

HondaBoy
04-25-2003, 08:58 PM
my car was in the shop for body work. i had wrecked it back in january. i didnt get em 2day. he still needed to move the CRX into his lot cuz its at the interance. i will get them in the morning. hope they look nicer than the LX-I and steel rim combo i have going on.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Sweet find dude. I bought my 85 Prelude Si rims for $50 and they had one good tire :) I just bead blasted them and had them painted and now I just need to save up for some Yokohama's. I found some pirellis for 13" rims. (like the song 50cent) Daddy needs Pirelli's to look mean on 13's :D

Oh well I found some Avid T4 Yokohama's for 185/70 TR13 (can't remember if it was TR though) I'm paying $180.44 shipped 2 day express for all four yoko's.

HondaBoy
04-25-2003, 09:27 PM
i think these wheels have Bridgestone T/A tires. im thinkin thats what it said on the side. neway, they have nice tires with full tread. if they cant take em off tomorrow, i might just take em off myself. only problem is that the cars sit on dirt or grass. well i tell yall how it goes.