PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler-custom fitting???

Whitie824
06-02-2002, 10:31 AM
I have a spoiler that is brand new and not on my car yet. I got it 4 free and it isnt a bad spoiler. The problem is it was made 4 a newer nissan. I have laid it on my trunk to see how it will fit. Width wise it's fine but in the middle where the wires come from the spoiler to the trunk lid, it sits about a inch and a half above the trunk lid, there for I will be able to see a inch and a half worth of wires. I need to make or find a custom fitting 4 it. I am thinking that a little tiny peice of pvc pipe might work. Any sugestions?

3G Jester
06-02-2002, 09:14 PM
take some pics of it sitting on ur trunk, and off--looking at the bottom of it from underneith. Also get close to the part were the gap is for a detailed shot.

if its just a oval shaped middle strut in the middle--u could

A) cut it off, fill it, paint it and run the wires down one of the sides....

or.....

B)get a peice of PVC piping with the CIRCUMFRENCE equal to the CIRCUMFRENCE of the part that comes down (area AROUND the oval or circle) then cut it down like a few inches too long, put it in the oven at a LOW temp, heat it so its plyable and then put it ina vice with cloth--so as not to stratch or dent the soft plastic and GENTLY squeeze it into the oval u need----heat, bend, reheat, bend some more if u have to ---- just take it slow and don heat itto the point it melt apart.
Then just cut it to the length and put it on

Goodluck. and take some after pics too--let me know how it turned out
:D