PDA

View Full Version : tranny problem please help!!!!!!!!!!

beez89se-i
04-22-2003, 08:45 PM
:wtf: my 89 sei auto trans got it rebuilt had 2 take it back 2 times cause trans slipping .trans guy said it was the wire that goes with trans burned twice he said that control the shifts for trans still trans slipping.now he said that car is fine when cold. but when it gets hot tranny start to slip. please help somebody what could be causing that by the way he said thats its a cooling problem.he said he wants to change radaitore. i told him if the radaitore was no good wouldn"t overheat. he said not true. please help me give me ideas what to check for!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

cruznz
04-23-2003, 04:03 AM
what fluid was put in it? Was it slipping before the rebuild?

beez89se-i
04-23-2003, 06:42 PM
it was slipping before rebuild.

cruznz
04-23-2003, 11:36 PM
was the torque convertor checked?

maxoutracer
04-23-2003, 11:54 PM
DID THE MECHANIC FILL IT UP WITH HONDA DEALER TRANNY FUILD? FLUSH IT AND USE HONDA DEALER FUILD. IF I'M CORRECT IT USED 3.2 QT OF TRANNY FUILD, CHECK IF THE FUILD LOW, IT WILL START SLIPPING LIKE HELL WHEN IT'S LOW IN FUILD.

SiR
04-24-2003, 08:49 AM
The cooling part for the auto tranny is ont he side of the radiator, thats why the radiator are different for manual and automatics. You might just have to change it if its clogging up and causing the tranny temp. to be higher then normal. You can find cheap ones at junkyards.