PDA

View Full Version : seattle silver paint for my car

johnwc723
04-23-2003, 07:10 PM
im derusting around the wheel wells (on the back of my car) it wasnt too bad but it would get worse so i fiberglassed it and bondoed it and now im waiting for it to get warm enough to paint it.

I bought some Duplicolor SPRAY paint that says its seattle silver (my color paint) has anyone had any luck with this, or any suggestions cause my car really looks like crap now and i hope i can get a close match?

Silver86LX
04-23-2003, 07:47 PM
Check the colour code on the inside of the driver's side door and see if it matches the code for the spray paint. That's what I'm planing on doing this summer when I fix my Accord.

johnwc723
04-23-2003, 08:06 PM
it is the same code, but I HAVE HAD BIG PROBLEMS WITH STUPID DUPLICOLOR SH*T in the past! (it not matching even though its the same number / code)

buster133
04-26-2003, 09:55 AM
I had the same problem with dupli-color paint on my 89 LXi. There were two different shades of seattle silver. The code is the same, but on the door it lists the code with an aditional single digit after it. On my 99 Accord EX which is Heather Mist, the color matches up almost perfectly. I guess it just depends on the paint condition.

89AccordExi
04-26-2003, 10:12 AM
i have used the seattle silver on my car and its a pretty close match..looks goood. i guess it just matters on how well of a paint job you do.

i have a problem with the rear wheel wells also...the rust wont seem to go away...

just wondering how much would it cost to replace the rear wells ?

anybody got an idea?

Micah 89LXi
04-30-2003, 05:56 PM
well i need to do the same thing...but see the problem is you have to get the same number of coats to get it the same darkness and also the paint on your car is 13 years old or more faded and such so theres almost no way to get a really good match..im thinking once i do this in the next couple months or so was once i got it looking good i could get some chrome fender trim..you guys know what i mean...just to kinda hid it a little..but i doubt my car looks good enough for it to be worth it