PDA

View Full Version : Efi guys hate me..

wikkedv15
04-24-2003, 06:51 PM
well ive done some reading for my cousin.. on her carbed 3g..
she wants to make her lil sedan faster..
hahaha.
anyhoot..
well i have one specific question.
can the carbed 3g.. tuned right.. make more power than the Efi version..?
i mean.. ive been reading and seeing some pretty mean dual carb setups on here..
ive read and read and read and read.. and im still learning about carbs.. this has made me come to the point that i may actually go from Efi to carb..
lol
Efi guys.. sorry.. :flip:
anyhoot.. the only thing that im stressing about is gas mileage.. i keep hearing about having a performance engine that is carb.. gets in the 20s mpg
anyhow.. would i have to swap to a carb fuel tank.. plz tell me no?
anything that actually does need to be swapped?
before i can yank my ecu out:D

ACCORD EX
04-25-2003, 12:44 AM
check the how to's for EFI conversion done by carotman !

MIKE

A20A1
04-25-2003, 12:53 PM
(DEEP VADER VOICE*) Feel the power of the Darkside...

Mike's89AccordLX
04-25-2003, 12:59 PM
:lol: A20A1 converted FI to carb. Who da man??? Who da man??? A20A1 da man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wikkedv15
04-25-2003, 01:07 PM
lol.. damn right he is.. lol.. i bug him every night.. with questions.. i think he gets angry .. lol.. thus the vader voice.

Mike's89AccordLX
04-25-2003, 01:09 PM
I don't think he's mad. Do you know how much I ask him questions? Man I even thought he was going to tell me to stop pming him. But he's da man wit da answers.

wikkedv15
04-25-2003, 01:10 PM
accord EX .. i looked and the only thing carotman.. did was the fix main relax.. there is no efi to carb how to

ACCORD EX
04-25-2003, 01:59 PM
well there is CARB TO EFI ! :D >

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=112

MIKE

wikkedv15
04-25-2003, 02:07 PM
LOL.. BUT IM TRYING TO GO THE OTHER WAY!!!

DVPGSR
05-21-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by wikkedv15
LOL.. BUT IM TRYING TO GO THE OTHER WAY!!!

Do the steps in reverse :D

carotman
05-25-2003, 07:18 PM
lol!! .... you don't want that poor OEM carb...

Nonedtly that would be real reasy so tun a dual carb setup...

Just ditch your intake manifold and get a dual webber manifold made...

Get a carbed fuel pump and use the EFI fuel return line as your Carb feed line (the carbed accords are build this way)

Modify a bit your wire harness to remove any extra wires.... (you'll need only a few)

89lx
06-01-2003, 09:27 PM
yo, I have an 89 Lx and almost everyone I've talked to says to convert from carb to EFi, I don't know too much about cars so I was wondering what are the benefits to having a Carb that make you want to switch from Efi to carb?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just curious.

ericn33
06-02-2003, 07:23 PM
Efi to Carb.......Umm. My family has 4 3rd gens. 87lxi, 88lx, 89lxi, 89lxi. The LX is mine. I hate mine, it is so slow. Yea i could put on a new carb and do some other work that would cost more money then i have. I think you are nuts, but whatever. Ill trade u if u want.

wikkedv15
06-02-2003, 07:31 PM
DAMN THIS THREAD IS OLD AS BALLS! HAHAH
lol nah i gave up the whole carb thing.. i did more research..
too much gasoline gulpers .. not my taste..
i want good mpg with power..

wikkedv15
06-11-2003, 07:45 PM
ok ok.. ya im back.. lol
i just got my ass handed by same car as mine but it was carbed..
boy.. wow.. lol..
its owned by a mechanic at the shop were i took my friends car to get a few things checked..
anyhoot.. he was leaving i was leaving...
we both knew it was bound to happen..
we went down the same way.. like normal..
extremely low.. so i was like ok.. let me get his heart rate going..
so i downshifted from 3rd to second .. and caught up till i was right on his bumper.. hehe..
he turned going towards the turnpike and i followed
i dont mind giving up 1.50 total to race a 3g hehe..
well he goes and i follow him..
from the get go.. i just haul ass out of the toll both.. this is one of those wierd tolls were theres actually a light.. ahead..
so.. he stops..
and i stop next to him..
light turns..
u know the rest..
but boy.. when i saw the LX emblem i was like NO WAY..
so after gettin beat by bout 1 car length..
i caught up to him..
and asked him if he would mind pulling over somewhere... he said he just got off work so he doesnt have anything to do..
he opened the hood after we stopped at albertsons..
all i saw was weber he had nice lil filter.. some ac ducting going from the side of the filter going down .. i guess he had it somehow so it got air from the bottom instead of having to go thru the fender ..
he had pacesette header.. cam.. Cosmo Racing FPR.. he said it wasnt the best but it works..
and an exhaust.. he told me if someone would of done the same thing he did. it wouldnt of been the same..
i talked to him about my STOCK 3g lol.. and he said not to worry .. with patience comes everything.. but i asked him why it wouldnt be the same if someone else did what he did .. and he said dyno time.. hes brother inlaw owns a shop that has a dyno.. so he can go whenever he gets an inch to.. so ya. i didnt feel too bad about losing. lol..

wikkedv15
06-11-2003, 07:48 PM
now.. how do i convert to carb again?
HAHA no seriously
somebody explain..
lol.. do i just start yanking the Efi stuff out.?! lol
i know im gonna lose about eh.. 12-15hp or so going to carb.. but eh.. i wanna try carb.. ive never had the chance to.. and carb also means no fucking ECU.. lol..

POS carb
06-13-2003, 04:12 PM
you can get EFI power just not the MPGS that go with it.

A20A1
06-13-2003, 06:33 PM
get the intake manifold, holley red fuel pump, FRP? Maybe, 38 DGES... Possibly the throttle cable from a carbed accord. the adapter plate for the 89 accord... you can buy that seperately for $50, so you don't end up with 2 carbs. Then you need the cable bracket... and throttle linkage. and thats about it... i think the carb may or may not come with it's own filter... also look into porting the stock intake manifold to get rid of the center wall... that should help big time especialy with a synchonous throttle carb like the 38.