PDA

View Full Version : Where to mount a ps2?

89AccordNate
04-30-2002, 11:38 AM
Well, I am back on my kick of full video entertainment. I have worked a webdesign deal and decided to take advantage of it. I am looking at a 7" ceiling mounted drop down screen and a panasonic fully animated cd player. Also, I need to get a ps2 in the near future to complete the setup. Does anyone have a clue where I can mount one? I thought about underneath the front dash made in a custom fiberglass enclosure so I can still have full access to the cd tray. I dont think they will fit under the seat, does anyone have a clue where I could stick it? To bad I cant cut a hole right underneath my rear seat in the front and stick it there :).

I need some ideas damnit!

I should have the tv system in by the meet if all goes well, im waiting for emails back from the company right now.

Nate.

Oh yeah, here is the destroyed lcd from when some FUCKER broke into my car...

http://www.pennswoods.net/~rita/smashlcd.jpg

AccordChemist
04-30-2002, 05:33 PM
um, wait awhile and they will make a smaller version of the ps2 just like the ps one.

Bobs89LXi
04-30-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by mike89lxi
um, wait awhile and they will make a smaller version of the ps2 just like the ps one.

There has actually been custom CPU enclosures for automotive use for quite some time. I worked for Washington County, Oregon as a temp a couple of years ago installing a Pentium-based mobile data system for police and emergency vehicles. It included a 12" SVGA LCD touch-screen display, 126mb of RAM, a 9600 baud radio modem, and a 10 Gb solid state removeable card drive. The CPU enclosure is the size of a cigar box, and was usually mounted inside the glovebox. I am surprised this company hasn't made a similar unit for civilian use.

TeKKnoTeKK
05-01-2002, 09:23 AM
Hey Nate under the center console (where deck, heater, etc are) in the back there would probably be room. My accord had a old ass cd changer in it and they stuck a pretty big FM modulator there. I'm almost sure it would fit and it would also give you easy access.

Vega88lxi
05-01-2002, 01:05 PM
I would try to see if you can try to make some kind of modifications to put in the glove box. Id think youd need alot of customizing thou. but thats whered id try to put it.

88Ex-i
05-01-2002, 05:30 PM
can you try and modify some space under the front seats??????
cause I've seen some cars that have a ps2 under the front seat on a small rollout tray.......

Don87LX
05-02-2002, 12:06 PM
I doubt there is room under out front seats with the lip that the seat bolts too. and if some fat ass sits in your passenger seat...crunch. I think I would cut out the guts of the glove box and make it so the door was still functional and keep the PS2 sideways in there with the CD tray facing the driver. to make it even easier you could make the ps2 pull out on rails. You might have to mod the air ducting though. And then I'd get a holster for a desert eagle .50 action express to rein some whoop-ass on anybody who fucked with my car.

tk89acc
05-02-2002, 01:38 PM
You could try and do it like this. With some cutting there might be enough room between the radio and the floor where that chang tray thing is. Sorry the pic is so big.

http://www.streetsourcemag.com/uploads/Ownerprofiles/LexusGS/322200273256AM80911.jpg

TeKKnoTeKK
05-02-2002, 02:39 PM
that's sweeet

Don87LX
05-02-2002, 04:54 PM
sorry but some someone explaing to me why in the hell you would want a game system in your car???

88LXiHB
05-02-2002, 05:20 PM
Bling factor http://forums.off-topic.net/images/smilies/dunno.gif

Vega88lxi
05-02-2002, 05:28 PM
That is a straight custom job cause the the tray and plugs for the controlers for the PS2 are right next to each other. In the pic there under each other. They must have taken the thing apart and made some custom enclosere for it. Looks like a damn good job.

hondaaccord_86
05-02-2002, 09:49 PM
is it me or does that not look like our cars?

87accordlxi
05-02-2002, 10:00 PM
it's a lexus

dosh8er
05-03-2002, 06:22 AM
why go with a PS2? The Game Cube is a lot smaller, handles graphics better (esp. with the ATI Technology. KICK ASS stuff!), and would fit in those unused spots of the vehicle.

Don87LX
05-03-2002, 09:30 AM
uh-oh the game system debate cometh.

My $0.02 even though it is owned by the Evil Empire I love my XBOX!! :super: