PDA

View Full Version : Tach Twitches, 3.5k stumble, 4k ok, problems galor!

kirobei
04-25-2003, 08:34 AM
:burn: I am so pissed off at this old car right now im going to explode. It does nothing but cost me money. Tach has been twitching when crusing for about a year, changed Ignition Coil still twitches, so i didnt care. Add MSD 6A Ignition unit, everything fine, tachs still twitch. Reciently tachs started twitching worse, took it to shop. Had Distributor rebuilt cause bearing was shot and vac advance was out. Tach still twitches, engine hesitates for a sec at 3.5k then fine at 4. While hesitating tach goes crazy, peeking to 55 and twitching. Radio can no longer hold its memory, and 1 out of 5 times i turn off the car the pop up lights will pop up and go down. I also have a bad F/I Relay and that was confirmed by mechanic. My problems are all consistent and i believe i have a severe electrical problem and im going to junk the car off on someone elese. Its a shame thought because it has so much engine work put into it its a damn shame and a total loss. :burn: Not even God has an answer as to whats wrong with my car, but at least the mechanic told me its not my alternator or distributor any more. Any help would be appreciated as my only other option is to have my car down at the ELEC shop for 1 to 2 weeks while he figures it out for a fee of course. I no longer live with parents and money is short and my dad tells me to f*ckin ditch the car and go get something fromt he 90s.... but i like my car. http://kirobei.tripod.com

ACCORD EX
04-25-2003, 02:08 PM
well i see you covered everything that would cause a tach to do that !
does the ECU throws any codes ! ?

MIKE

AccordEpicenter
04-25-2003, 03:50 PM
get another distributor, even though you had the dizzy rebuilt who knows if the tdc sensor and the crank angle sensor are good... go to a JY and pick one up... cant hurt to try. By F/I relay do you mean main relay? If it is you can repair it yourself if your good with a soldering iron.

ACCORD EX
04-25-2003, 11:26 PM
repairing the relay is in the how to's !

MIKE

kirobei
05-01-2003, 04:38 PM
Well no, the ecu doesnt seem to throw any codes. Im just going to sell the damn thing and let someone elese worry about it. and i would hate to go to a junk yard and get a dis because i would lose a perfectly good rebult distributor

'A20A3'
05-01-2003, 05:30 PM
don't sell it man. your car is a beast.

AccordEpicenter
05-01-2003, 06:14 PM
yeah but you gotta make sure the sensors and pickups in the distributor itself arent causing you problems, which is still an issue for reman distributors at times

1988starter
05-01-2003, 06:24 PM
I got a new distributer 180 from autozone lifetime warenty.

cruznz
05-02-2003, 03:25 AM
hmmm,...i recall someone fixing a twitching tach after they had replaced ignition module and coil