PDA

View Full Version : i really need help with my driveaxles

whyno_lxi
04-25-2003, 09:11 AM
hi everyone, i really need help. I need someone who has taken off the driveaxles for a swap to list everything i have to do, and give me pictures too please. I have everything off, except these driveaxles WONT COME OFF regardless of what i do. I need someone who has done this to just list what i takes to get off both axles from the tranny!

AZmike
04-25-2003, 09:56 AM
I used a medium size pry bar right against the transmission housing to pop the axles out.

Do you have a basic repair manual like the Haynes or Chilton?

Tref_LXI
04-25-2003, 11:12 AM
yes, and i have one side almost out but it keeps pushing the tranny into the mount. I have to remove stuff off the wheel, thats what im trying to figure out what i need to take off.

whyno_lxi
04-25-2003, 11:35 AM
I have almost all my stuff off, but the driveaxle gets pushed back against the wheel.

Tref_LXI
04-25-2003, 12:17 PM
i have to take my engine out again, to put in my act clutch, and my neighbor is away so im trying to figure this shit out too, its really bugging me.

anchovies
04-25-2003, 01:06 PM
You need to take off the lower arm bolt, axle nut, and fork. Then pry on the tranny side, also have another guy pull and support the knuckle. When it pops out from the tranny, slide it off from the knuckle side.
Tref_LXI, take out engine to put in clutch? You're the adventurous kind huh

Tref_LXI
04-25-2003, 01:24 PM
well i have to do that to get the tranny out :(, big ass pain

ACCORD EX
04-25-2003, 01:55 PM
you don't have to get the engine out to do a clutch job ! check teh how to's ( HOW TO REPLACE YOUR CLUTCH )

MIKE