PDA

View Full Version : Fan Plug Corroded!

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
04-26-2003, 12:36 PM
ok today i was driving an my car over heated so i drove it home after i put soem water in it an it overheated again i checked for any leaks an there are none..... i put soem more water back in it an let it run a reved it up for about 5 minutes an it ran normal.... so i thoguh i would dirve it around the block an when i did it overheated again so i know its the cooling fan..... so i checked the fuses an the plugs an one of the plugs is corroded really really bad from battery acid..... you squiz it an it is so soft.....

My question is can i forget buying another plug an just connect the wires an bypass the plug?????????

shepherd79
04-26-2003, 01:47 PM
you can make them run all the time, but i wouldn't do that.
when was the last time you did the system flush. sounds like our system is corroded.
try flushing your system. remove the fan sensor and clean it.
if that doesn't do it. someone on this board can help you with direct wirring. i wouldn't recomend this.

88' Accord Ltd
04-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Mybe hit up the junkyard for a new plug!

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
04-26-2003, 02:11 PM
ok i tested the wires... the cord coming off the fan is good... but the cord that you plug in to the fan from the fuse box an the enigne has no current running through it :wtf can anyone help?

could my thermostat be bad and when the enigne gets hot and make no current run through that wire going into the fan plug cause it thinks the enigne is still cold????

DanG86LX
04-26-2003, 05:20 PM
Does ur radiator get very, very hot? like steaming when spill some water on it?

ACCORD EX
04-27-2003, 12:34 AM
check the thermostat under the radiator !

MIKE