PDA

View Full Version : help with keyless and remote start!!!

89LXIGUY
04-27-2003, 06:29 AM
Ok, I bought a keyless setup with remot start and needless to say I have a few questions. I know there is a how-to on keyless but I can't get the site to work.

What and where is the STARTER WIRE and the PRIMARY IGNITION WIRE?

where is the starter switch on the clutch?

A how to on remote start would be awesome.

catalin
04-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Starter is black/white and ignittion is balck/yellow at the ignition switch.

You'll have to temporarily by-pass the clutch when you remote start. Most likely a negative trigger switch, right on the clutch pedal. Supply it with ground and it should let you start without pushing the clutch....

Becareful with this install, you don't want your car starting in gear and hitting something, or even worse killing someone.

cdscowboy
04-30-2003, 06:33 PM
Here's what I used... I don't know where the clutch thing is...I have an auto. bobafett told me at the last meet that in our cars it wasn't necessary to bypass the clutch...that's only on newer cars. I'm not sure, but that's that he told me. Good luck!!! Took me 3 hours to do the remote start, then probably 2 hours for the keyless entry. I like the results though!! :D http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/wires2/showmodels.asp?modelid=12643&Submit1=Get+Wiring+Details

89LXIGUY
05-01-2003, 08:44 AM
What do they mean by ignition harness? Where is it?

bobafett
05-01-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by cdscowboy
Here's what I used... I don't know where the clutch thing is...I have an auto. bobafett told me at the last meet that in our cars it wasn't necessary to bypass the clutch...that's only on newer cars. I'm not sure, but that's that he told me. Good luck!!! Took me 3 hours to do the remote start, then probably 2 hours for the keyless entry. I like the results though!! :D http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/wires2/showmodels.asp?modelid=12643&Submit1=Get+Wiring+Details

on ambers car and my car (both 86 lxi's) neither of us need to push in the clutch to start the car.

however, when i reached in the window and started my car, it surprised josh (goldy accord) because his 89 dx wouldnt let him start the car without the clutch. i dont know if it is an 86-87 thing or a wierd fluke. :P

good luck. i am gonna get an alarm / keyless entry installed soon as well.. :)

dj99
05-01-2003, 09:54 AM
You get to the "ignition harness" by removing the trim cover under the steering column. Then you have to carefully cut the black plastic sleeve open to get to the wires inside.