PDA

View Full Version : best oil/filter/plugs/ 4 our cars?

jay1988lx
04-27-2003, 08:01 PM
What is the best oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, wires (if matter), and distributer for our carb cars? I notice on some of the engine pics ther is a small filter that goes from the valve cover (im guessing) to the bottom of the carb? Purpose of that?

Oh, and the wire on the distributer cap that goes to the coil (guessin again) is ther a uprade or a better one to put in place of that stock piece.

thanx....for any advice given.
Jay.

AccordEpicenter
04-28-2003, 10:53 AM
mobil 1 oil, honda oil filter, honda air filter (NGK or Denso Plugs) Sumitomo wires... for distriubutor i assume you mean cap and rotor? Honda again... the coil wire comes with a good wire set.

1988starter
04-28-2003, 11:00 AM
Honda filters are fine they are made by fram I use pure one with 3 quarts Valvoline and 1 quart lucas oil stabliser. For wires NGK and plugs NGK. Unless you want to start upgrading ignition get NGK irridium IX plugs and Magnecor wires. Air filter go aftermarket intake or K&N and when you get new wires make sure it come with a new coil wire because you should replace them all. Cap rotor ect I have borg and warner no problems you can also go honda OEM

iloveJDMblackrims69
04-28-2003, 05:04 PM
always use the original oil filters made for your vehicle...

SiR
04-29-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by 1988starter
Honda filters are fine they are made by fram

I was told that only Canadian oil filters were made by fram.

1988starter
04-29-2003, 07:04 AM
I did an oil change on my sisters 02 LX and when I took of the honda filter from the factory it was a blue Honda origonal but it said made by fram

DBMaster
04-29-2003, 07:19 AM
Without some pretty comprehensive testing all the responses here are purely opinion, especially the oil and air filter responses.

I have used a variety of brands of oil (synthetic), oil filters, spark plugs, air filters, and wires. The car runs great at 205,000 miles. The shop that changed the oil pan gasket said the bottom end of the engine was as clean as they have ever seen.

Use whatever makes you feel good, I guess.

ACCORD EX
04-30-2003, 11:06 AM
what i use ! >
MOBIL 1 , HONDA OEM FILTER ( blue one ) , NGK or DENSO , wires OEM or NGK , distributer > TEC is better than hitachi from what i hear ! , wire going to the coil comes with the NGK set or sold seperately OEM ! .
about the small filter i think you mean the one on teh PCV pipe ! this is done when you need to remove your airbox ! ( install and intake if you want ! you have to remove the hose and put the filter on teh valve cover so dirt won't come in !

MIKE