PDA

View Full Version : performance muffler sounds?

jay1988lx
04-27-2003, 08:19 PM
On our carb engines I know from all the info from everybody up in here that it is a fact, when putting on pacesetter headers you will get more power. My question: Is ther a difference in sound if I just change the muffler (magnaflow) vs changing from the cat back with 2.25' pipe and the magnaflow muffler.

I want to know the sound difference? I know someone with a magaflow and the power is increased but not to happy with the sound. He asked me if he changed it from the cat back if it will give him that nice low sound. With low $$$$$ he can to do from the cat back. I told him I will ask the pros' in this subject and that's is you all....bowing to the 3geez community!!! so post your personal experiences on this subject and advices PLEASE!!!!

Thanx....again.
jay.

A20A1
04-29-2003, 06:17 AM
It will get louder with bigger exhaust... but the muffler is what changes the overall sound of the exhaust not the pipe diameter.

Plus you'll still have the stock resonator installed, so that will effect the sound as well.

jay1988lx
04-29-2003, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by A20A1
It will get louder with bigger exhaust... but the muffler is what changes the overall sound of the exhaust not the pipe diameter.

Plus you'll still have the stock resonator installed, so that will effect the sound as well. [/QUOTE

When you say louder with bigger exhaust, Im GUESSING you mean the diameter of the pipe? And when you say muffler is what changes the overall sound, Im GUESSING you mean the deep, rumbling sound effect?

Now with the stock resonator removed will I get a louder sound? Let me ask you this: 1988AccordLX with 2.25' pipe from the cat back with no resonator, what is the sound that I will get with a magnaflow muffler? I guess what Im trying to find out is will this setup (sound) be any different if I just had the muffler (magnaflow) on with everything stock.

Thanx.......Jay.

jay1988lx
04-29-2003, 05:39 PM
It will get louder with bigger exhaust

one more question A20A1. How much louder with bigger exhaust going from stock to 2.25'?

Thanx again......Jay.

meohmy01
04-29-2003, 06:00 PM
what the hell does a resonator do? one 3 gee has one and the other doesn't. and another thing is that i think everyone has the loud mufflers, they are on every other car. i think you should do something different. i did a muffler that has a low tone but isn't too loud, so it looks good while increasing performance and sound but doesn't sound like every other car on the road. however i also own a car with one of the loder mufflers. when i bought it it has a custom mandrel bent 2.25" cat back with an apexi muffler.

A20A1
04-29-2003, 10:21 PM
A different muffler will have a different sound... they all "MUFFLE" the exhaust in different ways.

I have no idea how much louder your exhaust will sound with a bigger pipe diameter... all I can say is TRY IT!

ACCORD EX
04-30-2003, 11:20 AM
exhaust is really a shitty thing you don't know how it will sound until some on tries it ! you may have better luck in the performance section !

MIKE