PDA

View Full Version : hole in hose!!!HELP!!!

89LXIGUY
04-28-2003, 03:34 PM
alright guys so i am cruising along at 70 and all of a sudden my car sputters then begind to lose power. so i'm thinking :wtf:
So i drop it into 4th still no power even with the pedal to the floor. :wtf: so i pull over and smoke starts billowing out rom under the hood. :wtf: I raise the hood and there is this brown liquid shooting out of the hose!! :wtf: after all the pressure is gone it stops. The liquid smells like antifreeze, but it is brown? I hvae never flushed the system so I suppoes it is just dirty. Alright now about the fucking hose. it is the one that runs into the middle of the firewall. it connects to a larger hose that runs down to the bottom of the radiator.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

What in the hell is this hose, what does it do and how can I fix it?

Justin86
04-28-2003, 04:42 PM
It goes to the heater core. For that brown crap.... well it is crap.

AccordEpicenter
04-28-2003, 07:27 PM
its probably rust... after all it is an iron block and old coolant has poor corrosion resistance

AZmike
04-30-2003, 09:24 AM
This is what I would do:
1. check all other coolant hoses for brittleness, crack, and soft spots
2. remove the old heater hose (and any other bad hoses), take to parts store, buy replacement(s).
3. install new hose(s)
4. flush cooling system (maybe spend $13 on a new thermostat and gasket from Honda). Don't forget to clean out the coolant reserve tank also.
5. fill system with fresh 50/50 coolant and distilled water mix

If you're only interested in making the car temporarily usable again you can loop the other heater hose that is still good back to where the bad one connects to the engine. Just be sure there is enough coolant in the system before going anywhere. If it's only going to be for a few days, tap water should be fine.

ACCORD EX
04-30-2003, 11:46 AM
flushing how to is in the how to's !:D

MIKE