PDA

View Full Version : starter? ignition swtich?!

xaccordx89x
04-28-2003, 03:35 PM
Ok, my car has been like this for a while. When ever i start the car, the starter dont turn over...it just clicks, after a couple of clicks it finally starts. I don't know what is exactly wrong with it, people are telling me that my starter is starting to tell me that its failing and i should get it replaced, i read something about the ignition switch can also cause this problem...so im not sure what is it really...thanks for the help, i appreciate it.

88' Accord Ltd
04-28-2003, 06:24 PM
Im sure its the starter bro, my dads starter was going in his 3g and it was doing the same thing! If I was you I'd replace the starter because if its clicking then the ignition switch is working..to my knowledge anyways.

xaccordx89x
04-28-2003, 08:38 PM
thanks, ill give it a shot

ACCORD EX
04-30-2003, 11:00 AM
guys guys guys ! ! why when everyone has a problem starting teh car you just advise him with changing the Starter ???? there could be alot of other problems !

here is what i wrote in another thread to trouble shoot !

does all lights work fine ! if yes >

1. check the out put of the battery when car is off shouldn't be less than 12 V ( battery is fine )

2. check the out put of the battery when car is @ idle shouldn't be less than 14 V ( alternator is fine )

3. check the both battery terminal and engien ground .

4. check teh little wire going to the starter ( B/W wire ) see if it is loose . ( if it's not loose proceed to next step )

5. take this little wire off , turn on the ignition , connet a wire between the + of the battery to the starters terminal ( where the wire used to hook up ) if the starter turns and the car comes on ( WARNING : once the car is on disconnect the wire immediatly or you will damage the starter )

IF the starter turns on , so there is an open in the B/W wire , or therr is something wrong with ignition switch ! ( Spray some WD40 in there it really helped me )

IF the starter doesn't turn replace it !

hope this helps ! good luck !

MIKE

xaccordx89x
04-30-2003, 03:07 PM
thanks, yea it turns out it was my starter, thanks for the help guys