PDA

View Full Version : About Hoods.

theBeline
04-29-2003, 11:10 AM
So when are we going to get our grubby hands on some carbon fiber hoods? I'm about ready to teach myself how to do fiberglass and do it myself. Oh wouldn't that be fun under the fingernails!?:rolleyes:
-MiKe-

88LX-iSedan
04-29-2003, 12:36 PM
http://members.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aboutme/princeofauction/

Mike's89AccordLX
04-29-2003, 12:38 PM
I just got done talking with princeofauction. He's selling me a carbon fiber hood for $269 + 129 shipping. I told him I would let him know when I get the money. Oh it comes with hood pins also.

guaynabo89
04-29-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
I just got done talking with princeofauction. He's selling me a carbon fiber hood for $269 + 129 shipping. I told him I would let him know when I get the money. Oh it comes with hood pins also.

Thats 400 total.

Well it makes me feel prety good since we paid 430 a piece to get the mold done and that included shipping.

All I can say is enjoy the fruits of our group buy.:D

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-30-2003, 03:53 AM
It's funny how he prices it.. $269.00.. Makes you think u are getting a good deal.. But u are paying the same price as the group buy.. destroying the mind is priceless...Carbon fiber hoods are kewl . to look at..

theBeline
04-30-2003, 04:32 AM
So where can I grab a custom one? I'm looking for a full hood, with no lamps. I know what I want, I could make the mold, but I don't know the first thing about handleing carbon fiber. Did ya'll know it only costs 15 bucks a square yard? ANd thats on the high quality, expensive end.

How about fiberglass? All I want is a lighter hood with out the headlamps, there too heavy, and a scoop ofset to the pasenger side of the car for an intercooler. I could do the scoop, but I want the damn hood. If no one can find one, or a place that will do custom carbonfiber or fiberglass for realativly cheep. I will just bug the shit out of my dad untill he teaches me how to mold fiberglass, and then I may make some in bulk. But thats the kind of thing that only, and rarely, reams like reality durring that dreamlike state at twelve midnight when I'm on the verge of passing out and over heating after being up twenty plus hours.

I just don't know. BAH! I GET SO FRUSTERATED!! WHY CAN THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD SEE THAT WE ARE TUNERS TOO!?

Mike's89AccordLX
04-30-2003, 07:04 AM
Um yeah $398 shipped is a really good price. I will get it fairly soon. It kinda sucks that I installed my hoodscoop. I guess I will need to find a CF hood scoop.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Mike's89AccordLX
Um yeah $398 shipped is a really good price. I will get it fairly soon. It kinda sucks that I installed my hoodscoop. I guess I will need to find a CF hood scoop.

Why do u want a Carbon Fiber Hood?

theBeline
04-30-2003, 05:21 PM
me? weight, style, and I really want to have a full hood without the flip up lamps and don't want to muck around with sheet metal.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
04-30-2003, 05:40 PM
Actually I meant Mike, But I guess this refers to you also.. Does this mean u are going to do a headlight conversion?

theBeline
05-01-2003, 05:32 AM
possibly

Scorpion88LX
05-01-2003, 06:06 AM
dude i want to know where you can get carbon fiber cloth for $15 a square yard? Man the shit is expensive most people sell it for like $25-30 a yard unless yo buy a roll at a time which is 100 yards. The cheapest place and best service place that i have found is www.carb.com they sell shit cheap. (relativly)

theBeline
05-01-2003, 06:19 AM
thats my bad, your right, $35. I look here http://www.fiberglast.com/ and they sell this red kevlar/carbon fiber hybrid weave, and they sell it in blue kevlar and yellow kevlar as well and it's SICK!!!! I think I'll just give up on the custom hood and jsut go for a regular replacement carbon fiber hood. The weight reduction is enough, whatever about the headlights. I'm still debating wether on not to keep it street legal. Bah!!! If I do keep it street legal... Well, we'll save it for later.