PDA

View Full Version : Brake light on!?!?!

88WhiteLX-i
04-29-2003, 08:42 PM
I have an 88 lx-i, and the brake light is on. I checked all the brake lights and they all work. I checked all the front lights as well and they work to. But the light still is on. has anyone had this problem because the light is just annoying as hell. Is it a short in the system or something else that I don't know about???? THanks for your help guys!!!!

anchovies
04-29-2003, 11:00 PM
Which brake light? The parking brake light or the one on the little car?

Blue Impact
04-30-2003, 10:01 AM
If it's the e-brake light then I think you just need to adjust the knot. I have that problem too, but never got to taking care of it.

If it's the one in the little car, then maybe you should check to see if you got the right amperage bulbs for your taillights.

ACCORD EX
04-30-2003, 11:25 AM
you mean in dash ! ?? or at the rear ! ?

MIKE

88WhiteLX-i
05-01-2003, 12:46 PM
it's the light that say brake lamp of brake light. It's the one that comes on when you have a blown brake bulb. but all the bulbs work. so what the hell??!

88LX-iSedan
05-01-2003, 01:09 PM
Im sure you did but ..Did you check the brake light in the rear window?

SiR
05-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Hows the brake fluid level?

88WhiteLX-i
05-02-2003, 07:33 PM
yeah the brake light in the rear window works as well. I checked the fluid level and it was up.

badmonkeynobanna
05-02-2003, 08:47 PM
check the break light switch, under the dash, if it's lose or broke it can cause the light to come on, have fun.

Coitis1
05-03-2003, 07:24 AM
i have that same prob right now.

Blue Impact
05-03-2003, 11:50 PM
Check the bulbs again. If they're the wrong size amperage, then you'll have that problem.

anchovies
05-04-2003, 12:15 AM
If it's the bulbs, then the light on the small car will be litted not the parking brake light.
You might have some brake problems if not then it's just a sensor.

DanG86LX
05-04-2003, 08:50 PM
The brake bulbs should be marked 32CP or 2057 (double filament).
The brake bulb sensors are the (black) rectangular boxes mounted between the 2 brake bulbs on each side.
The sensors are a bunch of relays, each coil in series with a bulb. The relay contacts are tied in series and grounded at passenger's side sensor - pin F. Here is a pic:
http://www.ualberta.ca/~dg5/Honda/BodyElec/25/77/IntegratedControlUnit.Png
Testing which sensor is faulty is easy using a Voltmeter. With the engine running, prop a stick between brake pedal and driver seat so the pedal would be depressed (brake lights ON). Connect "-" lead to ground (GND-7 is around driver's side speaker where 2 black wires from harness go to a bolt in the chases). Stick the "+" lead at the sensor connector at the wire side (do NOT disconnect the connector from the sensor) and measure the voltage at the D and F pins. Normal readings is < 1V. If one of the sensors is faulty or interrupted wire, then > 12V !
If there is 12V at:
Passenger's side sensor:
Pin F (black) => faulty ground (black wire)
Pin D (green) => faulty Passenger's side sensor.
Driver's side sensor:
Pin F (green) => interrupted green wire
Pin D (W/G) => faulty Driver's side sensor.
If there is less than 1V at W/G check continuity of this wire to the dashboard.
The brake lamp fault is latch at the "Safety Indicator" so after some repair, remember to cycle the ignition switch to reset the fault!

Hope this help guys!:D

bambamky
05-05-2003, 12:49 PM
I have the easy answer the brake light in the rear there are two screws on both sides take them out that will free the casing take the bulb out replace it if that dont work your brake relay might be out !

88WhiteLX-i
05-05-2003, 06:42 PM
Iam an idiot. the brake light in the middle was out. Thanks for all the help though guys!! lol