PDA

View Full Version : Breather Filter

88LX-iSedan
04-30-2003, 10:43 AM
Im not sure if this is a logical question but i'll ask anyway. ...Is it possible to use a breather filter if i have an Intake installed. I ask because the Breather filter would go were the tube comming from the crankcase is, Wich is what the intake connects to ..Right?. Or would it be pointless sence the intake is connected to it? :confused:

crwa
04-30-2003, 12:17 PM
You mean valvecover... yeah, you can put a breather on rather then attaching the hose from the intake, Just make sure you put somethin on the hole on the intake were the hose would go, cause if you don't then your suckin unfiltered air right into the intake manifold.

88LX-iSedan
04-30-2003, 12:45 PM
Yeah i did mean Valve Cover ..Sorry bout that. Thanks alot though man!

crwa
04-30-2003, 01:42 PM
What kind of intake did you get??? Did you actually buy one or did you modify a different one to fit???

88LX-iSedan
04-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Well i bought the car from a friend ...well actually my brother's friend and i believe he said it was off a Civic and just cut it to fit. But now i really dont like the thought that its not meant for my car, Thinking about buying the Weapon-R Dragon Intake ..If it's pretty good ..Or now that i think of it i might take a shot at the DIY Cold Air Intake

1988starter
04-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Weapon R dragon intake is crap stick with the civic or go cold air look here
www.cardomain.com/id/midias

crwa
04-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Weapon-r intakes arn't crap, there actually some of the best short rams on the market and the dragon filter that comes with it is proven to offer the most power and air flow... they're a little spendy but they work, after all they add like 3-4 hp, and really help the motor breath. And they take like 15 minutes to install...

2old_honda
04-30-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by 88LX-iSedan
Well i bought the car from a friend ...well actually my brother's friend and i believe he said it was off a Civic and just cut it to fit. But now i really dont like the thought that its not meant for my car, Thinking about buying the Weapon-R Dragon Intake ..If it's pretty good ..Or now that i think of it i might take a shot at the DIY Cold Air Intake

just stick with the civic intake, or go with the custom CAI. the weaponR isnt worth the money

1988starter
04-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by crwa
Weapon-r intakes arn't crap, there actually some of the best short rams on the market and the dragon filter that comes with it is proven to offer the most power and air flow... they're a little spendy but they work, after all they add like 3-4 hp, and really help the motor breath. And they take like 15 minutes to install...

For the price not worth it and in most comparison tests I have only sceen the out peform cheep filters like APC.

2old_honda
04-30-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by crwa

I thought those tests were for a weaponR CAI? They dont make a CAI for the 3rd gen, so it dosent really matter.

88LX-iSedan
04-30-2003, 08:51 PM
So if i do the custom CAI should i make the hole in it for the tube to the Valve Cover or just get a breather filter and not make the hole? ..BTW Thanks for all the suggestions!

2old_honda
04-30-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by 88LX-iSedan
So if i do the custom CAI should i make the hole in it for the tube to the Valve Cover or just get a breather filter and not make the hole? ..BTW Thanks for all the suggestions!

either one, it dosent really matter. getting a breather filter will probably be easier tho.

88LX-iSedan
04-30-2003, 10:42 PM
Alright, Thanks again

1988starter
05-01-2003, 05:12 AM
I went with the tube because it helps draw the crank case gasses out.

Blue Impact
05-01-2003, 08:27 AM
I have the breather filter and somehow, I like it more than the tube. As far as intakes goes, I don't think the pipe matters all that much. What really matters is the filter. People will say that K&N is better and there are those who will say Weapon-R is better. I think it's all up to you to decide on whatever suits you best. I can say that APC filters are crap though cuz I have one right now.

adams86lxi
05-02-2003, 06:17 PM
does anyone know if breather filters really can make your accord not pass smog someone told me that if i got one my car woulndt pass smog i have stock intake right now to. Do you think that thay will help your car at all either???

adams86lxi
05-02-2003, 06:17 PM
does anyone know if breather filters really can make your accord not pass smog someone told me that if i got one my car woulndt pass smog i have stock intake right now to. Do you think that thay will help your car at all either???

adams86lxi
05-02-2003, 06:19 PM
sorry about the double post. My bad.:)