PDA

View Full Version : horns ?

ACCORD EX
04-30-2003, 01:04 PM
hello everybody !

my horn is activated when pressing anywhere on the steering wheel ( not 4 places like some accords see pic below )
anyway some places started not to work upper and low left ! so now i am working with the right side if teh wheel ! :D

my question is how do i remove the steering wheel cover to get the horns contacts ?? or i have to remove the whole steering wheel ? and if so how ? :)

thanx guys !

MIKE

ACCORD EX
04-30-2003, 01:07 PM
damn forgot to post the pic !
here it is !

86AccordLxi
04-30-2003, 02:19 PM
There are 4 philips screws on the backside of the steering wheel that you have to take out and then the front horn plate lifts off.

Alex

2old_honda
04-30-2003, 08:11 PM
that is for the steering wheel with the 4 horn buttons. Yours might be different

blazin3gen
04-30-2003, 08:14 PM
damn thats tight i want one of those only the 2 bottom buttons work on mine :(

ACCORD EX
05-01-2003, 12:23 AM
i 'll check if the screws on mine exist !

thanx !

MIKE

86AccordLxi
05-01-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by 2old_honda
that is for the steering wheel with the 4 horn buttons. Yours might be different

No...that's for his type of wheel too...i have the same wheel and that's how you take off the front plate.

alex

ACCORD EX
05-01-2003, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by 86AccordLxi
No...that's for his type of wheel too...i have the same wheel and that's how you take off the front plate.

alex

well thanx alex !

i 'll try to check the contacts this weekend !

thanx again ! :)

MIKE

Blue Impact
05-01-2003, 08:31 AM
So that means that the "H" in the center can't be taken out like those from our (US/Canada) cars? It's much easier to remove the steering wheel if the "H" can be taken out. If not, then you're gonna have to go for the four screws in the back of the steering wheel. Good luck.

ACCORD EX
05-02-2003, 11:27 AM
well i found my screws , 4 of them ! 2 of them were loose , i tightened them and it works fine now !
i am just curious about something > if i get the 4 screws out will the center pop out and all the springs fall ??

thanx a lot guys !

MIKE

b&t88accordlx
10-18-2003, 07:40 AM
Just wanted to mention a problem/solution for intermittant horn operation.

After removal of four screws and disconnecting lead (squeeze it in), I found myself with the contact circuit. I disconnected the one side of leads, then removed the screws associated with it. This exposed the contacts(1 on backing plate and 1 on the button) per button assembly which were highly oxidized. I used a pencil eraser (from my early days of H.O. slot car racing) to remove the oxidation in a circular motion to now see the silver contact material. Blow on the areas to clear the debris then re-assemble. This solved my horn problem. Our 3G has 195K+ on it.

By the way....last weekend, I cleaned the door contacts using a small flathead screwdrive to clean the contactsonce I unscrewed them from the doorpost (don't disconnect the connector otherwise....good hunting!) It's a bit tight but take your time and hold the steady. They'll shine brightly as your reward.

Mike's89AccordLX
10-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Dang so that's what could be wrong with my passanger side door sensors.