PDA

View Full Version : Ball Joint removal tool

carotman
04-30-2003, 08:41 PM
I remember that someone posted (a long time ago) a nice tool to remove balljoints.

It wasn't one of those forks (that rips the rubber) but it was more like a puller.

Anyone knows that tool?

Boomer
04-30-2003, 09:07 PM
which ball joints are you changing??

Jareds 89 LX-i
04-30-2003, 09:13 PM
I've got a couple of those tools.... they work very very well. Just slip the arms around the joint, and crank the bolt in the middle and it pushes the balljoint out or in with ease. I've got a small one with fixed arms that's mosly for balljoints, and then a larger one with adjustable arms that can be used on balljoints, gears, steering wheels, etc.

2old_honda
04-30-2003, 09:41 PM
I have something like this http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?SourceArea=SHOP&SourcePage=SEARCHRESULTS&MfrCode=PBI&MfrPartNumber=648491&CategoryCode=3497

carotman
04-30-2003, 10:18 PM
I thought about using the "gear puller" tool for balljoints but I was afraif that it would slip and not hold on the lower arm (I want to change the lower balljoints on the SE-I knuckles I got)

Jim, do you have a picture or a website that sells the fixed type puller. That's the one I was looking for. I'm just tired of ripping boots :lol

dosh8er
04-30-2003, 10:35 PM
crowbar, a jack, a big hammer, they all work pretty well, if you find the right fulcrum point.

ACCORD EX
05-01-2003, 12:09 AM
if you get a gear puller ! you'll need one with thin ends ( to grap between teh boot and teh knucle ! )

i always use a big hammer and hit it twice on the side ( don't damage the boot ) and it come right off ! :D

MIKE