PDA

View Full Version : lowering car

Pntbal
05-01-2003, 05:47 AM
i was just wondering some of you could post some pics of your cars with the height in drop. i am looking to lower my car but i don't know exactly how low i should go. i mean i don't want it to look like it is dragging the ground but i don't want it looking like it has a lift kit in it either. if you could it would be greatly appreciated. thanx.

Blue Impact
05-01-2003, 08:58 AM
How low do you wanna go? Go look in the picture section and start asking people about the car's height there.

86AccordLxi
05-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Look in my sig...that's a 1.5 inch drop...the front looks a little high but oh well...

Alex

bobafett
05-01-2003, 09:58 AM
how much do you have to spend on it.

do get a good setup, and what i would recommend is this: and it costs about $800-$1000 to do it all

4 adjustable koni struts $450-500 ish (really teh only way to go. my tokicos arent nearly as good as my konis.)
ground control coilovers $320 (racing impulse - oss - jaun can hook you up) these are nice because you can adjust the drop from 0"-4" drop. although i will be honest, the HIGHEST i could get teh front was about a 2" drop. thats as high as i could get the front. the rear i can go the whole range, no sweat.

anyway ground controls have a stock spring rate of 350 front and 250 rear. thats about right IMO, its not so stiff that teh ride is miserable, and it seems to handle really nicely with this setup.

if you lower more than 1.5" u will need some camber correction device, because you will have the inside of the tires wear out a lot sooner than the outside. (like 5k miles on a new tire! :eek:)
your options are a kit like ingalls, or maybe a prelude upper control arms and notch them out so you can lower the car more.

after you do that u will certainly need an alignment, so make suer and save for that. to be honest i havent had one yet, and i am on my 2nd suspension setup, and i plan on it, but havent had the time/money for it.

i have some h&r springs i am not using that i will sell you if youre interested, its the smae springs as alex is using in his picture, and like in his pic u will notice the front is a little higher than the rear. to be honest this drove me crazy, and i switched to coilovers to get lower and fix that damn wheelgap. :) but i do have an extra set of springs i can sell you. and u dont really need a camber kit with those springs. :)

good luck

goldyaccord
05-01-2003, 06:16 PM
Chris said it all. However, you can lift the car more by undoing the strut nut bold and add about an inch or so. Below, is my car on Ground controls just like Chris has. Below is my sig. the car is lowered as far as it could go in the front and back.

87Hybrid
05-01-2003, 06:22 PM
http://www.redpepperracing.com/gallery/albums/albun49/aad.sized.jpg
I'm down 2&1/4" with 15" wheels and 195/50/15 tires.

Grant2k
05-01-2003, 08:46 PM
in my signature you can see mine with a 1.5" drop on 205/50/15s.
here's a bigger clearer one.
http://images.cardomain.com/member_img_a/307000-307999/307946_43_full.jpg

Pntbal
05-02-2003, 02:04 PM
thanx everybody for sending your pics and drop heights. i believe i am going to drop it 1.5 now that i have seen some of the cars on here with that height. thanx a lot.

Justin86
05-02-2003, 08:33 PM
Damn I have the same exact car that Alex has minus the rims and the Lx-i. It looks just as good. :D