PDA

View Full Version : Help with Clock

Rendon LX-i
05-01-2003, 08:51 AM
:wtf: Hey players? Just wanted to ask u a question. I installed my deck in my car then i noticed that my clock wasnt working. I check the fuses and shit but i dont see anything burned i mean under the dash. i didnt check under the hood yet. Or do i have to get other clock cuz maybe i fucked it up. I dont really know. help me crew.

Grant2k
05-01-2003, 09:09 AM
when i changed my head unit nothing happened to my clock. as far as i know they aren't related at all. maybe you knocked a wire loose under there or something.

Rendon LX-i
05-01-2003, 09:23 AM
i prolly just going to take it in because when i bought it like 3 months ago they guy was lazy and just cut the whole then even the clip so i couldnt put a adapter on to put a deck in. so i had my friend manual wire for me it was bitch cuz we had to figure out witch speaker was witch and shit then power that took a while. but i had 3 wires just hanging i thinking its one of them but i aint sure. since u saying the clock gots nothing to do with stereo wires. will i dont really know crew but give me some more INFO.

88LXi/87CRXSi
05-01-2003, 11:54 AM
Don't know for sure on a 86 LXi, but on my 88 there is a relationship between the clock, the radio station preset memory and the ECU memory, fuse #11 in the underhood fusebox. Does your radio remember the channel presets? If so that fuse is ok and not the problem. Probably no help at all, but I thought I'd mention it.

-Steve

SiR
05-01-2003, 01:48 PM
Im pretty sure that the clock/ecu fuse is also connected to the cigerette lighter, and the wires might also be connected tot he radio by accident.

Rendon LX-i
05-02-2003, 09:14 AM
so its prolly burned out. I might have to check it. so the the ECU CLOCK fuse right?

88LXi/87CRXSi
05-02-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Rendon LX-i
so its prolly burned out. I might have to check it. so the the ECU CLOCK fuse right?

Yeah, that's the one. Worth taking a look at.

-Steve

badmonkeynobanna
05-02-2003, 08:54 PM
the clock the lighter and the constant wire to the sterio are all the same. check to make sure it's not burned out.