PDA

View Full Version : funky brake light problems.

PogiLXI
05-01-2003, 11:27 AM
ok, this is the WEIRDEST thing Ive ever seen. ok. when I have my head lights on. The brake light comes on, When I turn the lights off the brake light turns off. WEIRD. theres more. when I put my Automatic TRansmission in neutral the brake light turns off.

now what in the HELL is going on!?!?!?! this is sooo funky. Also when I first start my car up it takes a few mins for the light to come on, When it does it slowly lights up, FUNKY!

A20A1
05-01-2003, 11:44 AM
might be a broken part or loose wire in the shifter case or in the guage cluster/steering column.

also was a stereo or alarm system recently installed?

Coitis1
05-01-2003, 12:22 PM
i hate to interrupt ur thread but i have a question related to brake lights and didn't want to start a new thread. the light on my dash that says i have a brakelight out has been on for a week or more, but my actual brakeights are have been working fine. i'm thinkin bad sensor, but i don't know where anything like that would be located. i did go into the trunk and open that little door to the back of the tails and made sure everything was plugged in though. any suggestions

PogiLXI
05-01-2003, 02:31 PM
coits I have the same problem, not a big deal, Though its getting anoying. ALOT of Red Lights on now. My PGM-FI is on, has something to do with my Cruise Controll I think, Cause my Cruise isnt working, soooo I think thats a part of the problem. this brake thing just happned, when it happned if I braked hard it would Go off then when I came to the stop it would come back on, and when I would take off hard it would go off till I leveled out. and so forth now it just STAYS on.

bambamky
05-06-2003, 05:54 AM
you all need to take it to a shop you may have a bad connection or faulty wiring!