PDA

View Full Version : My car passed

od2681
05-01-2003, 07:10 PM
I dont know if this is the wrong forum...but my car pased that crappy, hard ass emission test they have in Cali, but now have in Texas....My car passed that with flyin colors...well we had to abort the first time cuzz the guy had trouble controlin the accelerator.....anywyas i just wanted to share taht a 250000+ mile 3gee passed the examination...woohooo

Reptile
05-04-2003, 02:29 PM
223K on my 89 and it did the same buddy. My old 86 LX-i had the emisions of a 93, the 89 LX has the same. Honda builds their cars to meet emissions requirments 8-10 years ahead of time. There was a survey I saw on the news just a few months ago and it said Hondas are the cleanest running vehicles on the planet, no other companies vehicles even came close.

em_
05-04-2003, 05:56 PM
i dont belive so....

There was a survey I saw on the news just a few months ago and it said Hondas are the cleanest running vehicles on the planet, no other companies vehicles even came close.

it all and ALL depeds how you treat the car

my fathers 93 accord has a black muffler tip
my 89 also

my 86 sunbird turbo has only a rusted interior

also my 91 240sx has a black tip

a black tip definetly tells you if it runs clean or not

od2681
05-05-2003, 01:23 PM
well mine also has a black tip....but passed the hard ass emissions...but the thing is i know why it was black cuzz before i had my idle set up real high.....and my car would through out carbon when it started...i set the idle down and it is no more....and plus my throttle body was dirty as hell...so yeah both os those things helped