PDA

View Full Version : Help- my brakes did something strange

crwa
05-01-2003, 09:22 PM
I was out driving, and I went to hit my brakes and they felt like they weren't doin anything, but I did stop after holding the pedal to the floor for a few seconds. Then something smelled like it was burning. After five minutes of no brales or no real braking power to say, they then all of a sudden seemed to be fine agina, but I didn't want to push them.

What does this sound like.

I just got home and the driver from rotor area smells like something is burning...

So if anyone knows what might be wrong or has any advice please let me know, i plan to go to the mechanic tomorrow, but until then I want to know what it might be...

88LX-iSedan
05-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Brake Fluid or Pads ...Im not sure

crwa
05-01-2003, 09:31 PM
I just did new pads, and they were blead and the fluid was topped off, and that was just last week, I'm thinkin the brake booster is goin out, or a line is losing pressure, but I'll find out tomorrow, so I hope they get it figured out...

ACCORD EX
05-02-2003, 11:48 AM
may be a bleed bolt , or a line is loose !
check the fluid again ! if it 's not like it was so it's propably a leak !

MIKE

AccordEpicenter
05-03-2003, 10:12 AM
a caliper could be hung up too...

88accord
05-03-2003, 09:58 PM
yea it sounds like they may be over heating from rubbing slightly
and when u step on the brakes it gets hotter and we all know
exccesive heat=no stop.

crwa
05-04-2003, 10:32 AM
I don't know how they could overheat, I just did new slotted rotors, and new performance pads, but myabe until they wear down a little they may rub... I'm gettin it checked tomorrow so hopefully they'll get it all figured out for me...

88accord
05-04-2003, 07:46 PM
good idea