PDA

View Full Version : transmission won't go in

si accord
05-01-2003, 11:01 PM
alright this sux, my 5th gear went out in my current transmission, its the one of of my a20a3 that came in my 88 lx-i, i blew the a20a3 and i put in a bt engine out of an 86 lx-i, the a20a3 tranny bolted onto it no problem. i have an extra transmission that came out of my 86 lx that i totaled and i dropped my tranny yesterday to put the 86 tranny on, well i got it all lined up and stuff and when i rolled my jack over to start puttin the bolts through the tranny to mount it on my block, it didn't line up, the holes for the bolts are in the same spot but there is some parts stickin out of the tranny that meet with some parts stickin out of the block. on my current broken tranny the part that sticks out of the block go into the tranny , i need help cuz i'm stuck without a 5th gear and this sucks bad

...opie

p.s. the part i'm talkin about that sticks out of the tranny and the block are the little mounting things by where the bolts to mount the tranny go, sorry if this is confusinng but thanx in advanced

'A20A3'
05-02-2003, 11:19 AM
i don't think A20A1 transmissions aren't compatible with A20A3's.

guaynabo89
05-02-2003, 08:23 PM
make sure you don't have guide pins in the tranny and the block.

badmonkeynobanna
05-02-2003, 08:35 PM
It looks like to me that it's got some guide pins stuck in the block, and the other trany