PDA

View Full Version : Well ins't this is a pain in the ass..

theBeline
05-02-2003, 05:52 AM
I am working up a plan to really make my accord rock, and I mean ROCK, this world. But I keep running into these little quirks that bug me. They arn't big problems, I can probably get by with them, but... BAH! It's anoying!

The newest one is right near the window, and I think it may pose a problem if I don't figure it out. Evidently they decided to use some sort of plastic screws to (hold the window in place?) and the head of atleast on of them broke RIGHT off. This leaves a chunk of crumbling white plastic stuck in there, and the rest are soon to go, I can tell.

First off, what the hell were they thinking? And what do these screws do?

And seccondly, how am I supposed to fix this, get the screw out, without a drill of some sort and screwing up the threads in the hole?

Has anyone else run into this?

rick_spiff
05-02-2003, 10:44 AM
Plastic screws?

Pics would help, but here's what I can tell ya. At the base of the windhield, there's a thick piece of plastic that kind of covers that part of the windshield. It is held in with black plastic 'screws' that are totally worthless. Honda decided to use these same pieces of crap to hold the plastic wheel-well piece to the body. Worthless. All are the same black plastic screws.

If you ARE talking about the windshield screws, just yank the cover off. The only thing that holds the windshield in and seals it to the car is the foam glue that's behind all of that trim.

Have fun. I'll try to remember to post my solution to the wheel-well conundrum.

theBeline
05-02-2003, 02:11 PM
Well these screws were and are definatly white, ofter eighteen years of California wether they must have oxidized something terrible. Just yank it off? Bah, that could look a bit ugly, whatever, I coulf paint over it I guess, or put a real shiny cool looking .o8' peice of aluminum (sp) down for trim, but that would weigh alot, whatever. I'll figure it out.

Now, about that wheel-well?

rick_spiff
05-02-2003, 02:21 PM
Paint probably. Or some epoxy filler; depends on what look you want. Good luck on getting those off.

I'll post again under 'wheel-well mess' when I start breaking expensive things. :)