PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Trunk!

88LX-iSedan
05-02-2003, 08:48 AM
Alright ..I bought a can of that Foam spray shit. Im wanting to know where the best places are to spray on the trunk to get rid of the rattling. BTW I already cut the Brake light in the rear window so it doesnt hit against it anymore and taped most of the saftey trunk release thing up (It rattled alot!) ..Plus the metal braket that holds the black bars up (They are under the rear deck) rattled to the point of braking off so the bars rattle like hell now. ..Oh yeah i removed the trunk tail light assembly and the lights to show the liscence plate at night and ran all the wires out of the trunk accept the trunk release cable ..

AccordEpicenter
05-03-2003, 09:59 AM
i sprayed it in the gaps in the underside of the deck lid, and behind the plastic crap in the trunk, like near the taillights and that. It worked good too, but id avoid spraying it in the side the liscence plate is mounted on. Remember, the foam holds moisture against the metal and can cause rust if its in an area prone to get wet, like near the back up lights and stuff.

87accordDxRocFosStyl
05-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Yeah and try not to get it in the headlight assemblies from the rear. It could be bad, like fires and shit...................

AccordEpicenter
05-04-2003, 08:51 AM
Yeah, its not fire retardant so be careful with it. Its particularly flammable when its not dry yet, like just after you spray it... so dont smoke or use near open flame... you get the idea