PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild. easy or hard?

88LXDUDE16
05-02-2003, 01:00 PM
allrighty. im pushing 180K its not smoking but its not running the best from what youve probly read from my other post's. ive got some time on my hands untill i get my licence back. *long story ill tell ya if ya ask kinda funny and stupid* so im looking at like 4-6 months of it being unused. how hard is a rebuild? i got all the tools my uncle is a mechanic. and about how much would i be looking at if i did it my self and my uncle?

shepherd79
05-02-2003, 01:45 PM
well, if you have mechanic at your hand, and you have about $300-500 you should be ok.
it is not that hard. it is jut time consuming.

88LXDUDE16
05-03-2003, 09:39 AM
cool. my uncle has been downing me because i drive an import but hes going to try his best to help me. time i got! lol

88Accord-DX
03-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Rebuilding a engine isn't to hard if your mechanically inclined & have the tools to do it. You never want to get in a hurry & take your time. There are precise measurements to look at along with precedures taken. The cost varies on the shape of the block & machine work involved with it & the crankshaft & cylinder head. The price can range anywhere from $500 to over a $1000 depending on what dealer parts you want to replace to make sure things are "right" the for a long time.