PDA

View Full Version : Now this is sexy.

theBeline
05-02-2003, 02:54 PM
Now, this is totaly in my own opinion, but rivets are damn sexy!
I was looking at http://www.mcmaster.com/ for project goodies and I found 'em. I was originaly looking for some aluminum and some tin, then I just started looking around and found RIVETS! I feel like a little boy at christmas.

I'm never going to use anything but rivets on any project I compleate from now on! Think about it. For me, I was looking for the aluminum so I could custom fabricate a couple of scoops for my car. If I were to do that I would need some form of secure way to stick it to the damn thing, and glue runs the risk of coming apart, so I could see screws and bolts in the future and I was dreading it. But what about rivets? Those little light weight aluminum bumps at regulair intervals just SCREAMING "I am profesional, I am clean, I am secure, I am freaking awsome, and I will waste you!"

I can't wait to get my new hood and my aluminum sheets, you'll crap you pants when you see what I'm going to do, but I don't think it'll be the mod that has you running for mommy, I bet it'll be the rivets!

Chubs87Accord
05-02-2003, 11:05 PM
um... crack is a bad thing

A20A1
05-03-2003, 04:08 AM
that movie was awesome... what was it called... boondock saints?

anyways... can't wait to see pics of your project. BTW my scoops aluminum... I used rivets... :)

theBeline
05-03-2003, 09:34 AM
:D :super: damn straight, now theres a man who knows what it's all about

3rdGenFanatic
05-03-2003, 10:36 PM
You can rivet deez nuts.. ehehe he heh

theBeline
05-05-2003, 04:03 AM
whoa, and I thought I was a post whore

Justin86
05-05-2003, 11:28 AM
I will need to see some pics when this is done. Sounds kind of trick.

theBeline
05-05-2003, 12:14 PM
no problem, also, where would I find a joint where I can get something powder coated. In all actuality, whenever I ask something like this I half expect someone to whip out a mad long list of sites I can check out.

I'm beginning to find that this will probably not happen, and I may yet again get the oh-so-familiar 'check out local body shops and paint shops in your area' answer again.

So if that what your gona say, just say 'ditto'

If not, give me a damn list!