PDA

View Full Version : Holy Shyt Wtf Happened!! Please Help!!!

Dank Nuggz
05-02-2003, 03:33 PM
Ok well this is my first post, but I have been looking at the site for the whole 3 weeks that I have had my 3gee, not only that but I have only had my license for 3 weeks and already some ass whole 80 year old man has rear ended my new found joy. His insurense company is totaling it out and giving me cash value for it. I estemate this to be like $2,200 (89 accord lxi Sedan) but I am still waiting for a figure from them. What the owner of the auto body shop said to me was because it was an 89 if they did that they would not take my car.... Is this true or is it up to them? what do you think they will do? alright well if they take my car then all these questions I have next are totaly usless, but fer real I want to be a able to keep my shit cause I just paid alot of money for a new tranny and clutch and for it to be installed. Well anyways I got some pics of the rear damage that I recieved... I don't know much about cars and how the bodies work and I would appreciate it alot if you guys can help me out and gett this fixed up without going to and autobody shop... I have some friends that can help me but I am first going to ask you guys Thanks sorry so long....CLICK HERE FOR THE PICTURES (http://www.dankpages.netfirms.com/mycar/Mc.html)

YK86
05-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Well, I'm sure every insurance company is different but up here, they give you the option to buy the car back. So in the end, you settle for cash and your car back.

89AccordLXI666
05-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Yeah.... yo that doesn't look too bad from what I've seen before involving a 3gee in a car accident.... that shit can get fixed up looking good again... I definitly keep it and collect the money for it, unless of coarse u find an 89 Accord SE-i then go for that instead, but in the mean time keep this one... hey if it makes u feel any better my 89 LX-i sedan got f**ked up even worse than your's did... and mine wasn't even fixable, but yours still has potential, so go ahead and fix that baby right back on up... Good luck man... Lataz

dews89blkaccord
05-02-2003, 07:37 PM
I had a 83 Accord about 12 yrs ago that had some rear damage and the insurance company total it. I got market value for the car and bought it back for $350 and sold it that night for $500. Be sure to show the insurance company any receipts you have on parts and labor done on the car it may help.

HondaBoy
05-02-2003, 11:03 PM
hey man, thats not too bad. that should be very easy to fix. my 3gee was hit in the right quarter panel. it sat in my driveway for about 3 months before i fixed it. it too my body shop about 2 weeks to get it all fixed. if u can fix it with insurance money, go for it.

Dank Nuggz
05-03-2003, 05:43 AM
alright guys thanks 4 the input so far I hope I get like 2,000 for her. I found out monday what they are gunna give me. anyone in or around albany ny that can do body work hit me up.... is it possible to get a whole new back end and not just weld her up? cause by the wheel well its pretty rusted out I don't know how good u could even piece it together. Yea i also just put a new tranny and clutch in it a week ago which sucks cause she was driving nice... that coast me a $1000. well its and 89 lxi 4d with 159kmi on the motor no leaks no power loss running good (5speed! duh it has a clutch) its tranny has 80kmi and the new clutch both 1 week ago with reciepts so check out the damage tell me what you would offer me for it. I wish I could find someone cheap that would fix that up... but who knows and another what seems like a average cash value for this car???

88' Accord Ltd
05-03-2003, 10:28 AM
That looks how my first 3g did when I got rear ended by a drunk driver. They took my car and only gave me like $1750 cdn for it...

Dank Nuggz
05-03-2003, 12:05 PM
ahh bad news I don't want to pay for it back or them to take it... them mother fuckers...I got whiplash too from that shit. but I am told it would be hard and alot of bs to sue. Do u think that if I showed them the recpites for the newly installed tranny and clutch I would get more money or does it not matter to them one bit....?

Silver86LX
05-04-2003, 09:39 AM
In February I got into an accident with my dad's '95 VW Jetta. The car had about 250,000 km (about 155,000 miles) on it and the body wasn't it that great shape. Anyways I ended up getting t-boned. The damage was estimated at about $6100 CDN and the insurance company wanted to scrap it. The car itself was worth about $4000, but my dad had put about $2000 worth of work into it over the course of about a year before the accident. So my dad showed the insurance company the receipts and ended up getting $6100 for the car. So to answer your question, yea you should get a bit more from the insurance company if you show your receipts.

Dank Nuggz
05-04-2003, 12:48 PM
shit hope its not too late... they told me they will have a figure on monday... Hmm hope I don't get screwed. what if I don't like the fig they give me and don't wanna pay for the tranny and clutch both put in just a week b4 the accident

Silver86LX
05-04-2003, 01:30 PM
They probably won't pay for the full cost of getting your tranny and clutch fixed but they might take that into consideration when giving you a figure (if they let you give them your receipts on Monday). All I can say is try giving them your receipts and good luck. Insurance companies can be a real bitch sometimes.

dews89blkaccord
05-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Tell the insurance company your consulting a lawyer and before you make any final decisions your want to see what he says. Sometimes whiplash take awhile to really kick in

Dank Nuggz
05-05-2003, 07:52 PM
yea its hitting me hard now week later worse than before... It sucks.. I was hit while I was at a red light by some old rich dude... my mom seems to think that I can sue for pain and suffering what do u guys thing?

Justin86
05-05-2003, 08:33 PM
That sounds like maybe a new car for you. $$$:D

89AccordHatch
05-05-2003, 08:37 PM
you should beat that old man with a bat. then while he's on the ground pleading for his life and wondering what he did to deserve such a punishment, you kick him in the stomach.

Dank Nuggz
05-06-2003, 07:15 AM
haha, well we will c... they gave me 3g's for my 3g being totaled and let me keep it... Think I am going to get a hatch its just a little far a away and I gotta wait a week for the check and the kid already got lots of calls. so we will see.

meohmy01
05-06-2003, 12:45 PM
for 3 grand you could fix that car and deck it out a little.

Dank Nuggz
05-06-2003, 06:42 PM
yea I couldn't fix it myself... and a actuall body shop would cost too much to invest back into that car... I think personaly ... If I could find someone that could fix her up fer a good price I would think about it but I doubt I will find anyone... not trying too hard.. but if anyone sees this and is close to me and could fix it let me know...

meohmy01
05-07-2003, 03:34 AM
look around. i found my 94 accord lx coupe for 2800. it had a 2.25 inch catback exhaust with muffler, rims/tires, nice little wing, sway bars, c/a intake, aftermarket headlight, corner lights, taillights, bumper lenses, leather interior, 5 speed, and only 114508 miles. all it needed was paint and it was ready to go. it's too bad you can't fix that car. it looks like it doesn't need much.

Dank Nuggz
05-07-2003, 05:44 AM
yea I found a civic hatch with b16a chippied and all kinds if shit owned by a mechanic... 3500 I think ima get that...