PDA

View Full Version : Shimmy N Shake

HondaBoy
05-02-2003, 09:06 PM
well i had got my car back last week. it likes to shake when i go over 65mph. it realy shouldnt do that. and also when i brake. im gonna take it back to the shop that worked on it in the morning. im hoping they just didnt do the alignment and its not somethinge else. the only other thing i can think it might be is the ball joints. i realy dont wanna spend a shit load of money on that, but then again, i would rather have it done right. do any of yall have this problem with the car shakin or any wierd movement stuff happening? i know 3gee accords ball joints like to go out. i realy hope i dont have to spend much more money cuz im wanting to work on the engine. i guess i will know tomorrow if its messed up or just needs alignment of the front suspension. that part wasnt messed up when i wrecked it so i have no damn clue.

HondaBoy
05-02-2003, 09:23 PM
i forgot to mention it also clunks going over bumps and stuff. when i get on the free way it starts to get worse as i keep driving. it feels like its "hopping". when i took it up to 95, which wasnt a good idea, it started to shake bad and realy bad as i let off the gas to slow down.

Justin86
05-02-2003, 10:05 PM
???? Sorry man

ACCORD EX
05-02-2003, 11:36 PM
clunks and shaking ? propably your balljoint !
don't push it hard till you know the problem !

MIKE

HondaBoy
05-03-2003, 05:46 PM
i took it to the same shop that did the body work to ask if they realy did the alignment. they said they did the 4 wheel one and didnt touch anything else. they had to replace the rear suspension so thats why they did it. the guy said it could be the ball joints, which i thouht. he also said it may be the tie rod ends. this reminded me that they were messed up. the rubber thing on one of them was messed up last time i looked and was told that this might happen. but i had forgot about it. so i went and shopped around 2day for the ends. the dealership sold them for a bit over $120. another place was $27, AutoZone was $17, and i went to O'rileys by my house. i got both R and L ends for about $23. now i just have to take it to the shop on monday morning. they are gonna charge like $50 to install and do the alignment. so its all good. hope that will fix it for now. he said thats common on a lot of FWD cars he works on.

ACCORD EX
05-03-2003, 11:33 PM
well yes tie rod ends could cause that ! and with ripped boots they can diffenetely cause that ! :(

MIKE

HondaBoy
05-05-2003, 05:45 AM
i just took the car in about 25 mins ago. they said the car will be ready 2day. i took the tie rod ends to them and they said that would be fine. so i will know if it realy was the ends or if its something else. i think they will look it over and tell me if anything else needs to be done.

HondaBoy
05-05-2003, 02:20 PM
i got my car back about 40 mins ago. i took it on the road where u can drive 70mph. i took it up to about 80 and it did pretty good. the road was kinda bumpy but only because of the rough gravel top. the shop said the tie rod end was pretty bad. they replaced both and i can take it back if i need to. i got a lifetime warrenty on the tie rod ends so thats good. i still think the ball joints would be good to replace sometime soon. but until i get some money, i wont replace them. maybe next month when im out of school and i can make some money in the summer.