PDA

View Full Version : Rust repair?Paint NIGHTMARE

Micah 89LXi
05-03-2003, 10:56 PM
okay so we start sanding and crap grind off the rust dissolve the stuff we cant grind with naval jelly..bondo the holes and sand it down....by the time we get to the bondo stage it starts raining harder than ive ever seen it rain...and why not im outside doing body work..so we scramble to cover the bondo...put the wheels back on ym best friends car and get the floor jack from under his car to get my car off the jackstands..(rear bumper is off)...we get the car into the garage finally...and we start sanding down the bondo and stuff again...first of all...iv you ever want to piant ANYTHING metal on your car use AUTOMOTIVE primer..i went to auto zone bought the primer that was right next to the paint for CARS and it was the worst stuff ever...ill get some pics...basically it took the shine completely out of the paint and it didnt cover enough at all..so any little scratches showed through on the paint...and then..SNAG No. 200 my car ISNT seattle silver like the door jamb says...oh god no it wasnt even close..my car is kind of a dark metallic grey..not charcoal just..well you will see once i post the pics....aparently my car had been repainted...the door jambs were that seattle silver colour..kind of a champagne colour...body was not even close..so i got this flat champagne gold left rear quater panel..with scratches under the paint ...granted i have no rust to worry about anymore we got everything we could find....today we also masked off and painted the trim..which turned out awsome..it looks like new trim...so it looks like im gonna have to macco it this summer or seomthing because ive ruined it...the bumper lines up perfectly now..before it was kind of saggin on the right rear side..now its perfect..anyone whose bumper doesnt line up in the back with teh trunk....take it off and re bolt it ....thats all i did and it straightened it out...so now i have no rust...on a horrible looking 3 colour body...with no body rust..and nice trim.............umm.....i suck....and im really pissed how bad it came out...they guy who did it for me did the same thing to his car..but well at least he had the right colour paint.i have NO idea what this colour is called otherwise i would sand it and paint it to match better...sorry this post is soo long..i juts wasted 2 days ruining the lok of my car..but i guess its good i got the rust

a very frustrated Micah Yahr

>_<