PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know where i can get a brand new alternator for PGM-Fi??

inflikti0n
06-03-2002, 06:48 AM
im converting my 87 accord lx from carb to fuel injection.. i bought the whole lxi engine [used of course] andit has an alternator but the fly wheel doesnt spin.. ive tried WD40 tried to losen some things.. it just wont spin :wtf: .. so if anyone had any idea where i could get a brand new one, i would greatly appreciate it..

:bow:

vtec11
06-03-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by inflikti0n
.. so if anyone had any idea where i could get a brand new one

brand new alternator ??

how bout at a honda dealer.

TeKKnoTeKK
06-03-2002, 12:19 PM
autozone or checker I would think...

dhcarss
06-03-2002, 02:03 PM
If there is someone around you that can rebuild it for you I would go that way, I just went through putting 3 alt on my car in the past 2 months, same as one you could get from auto zone or somewhere like that, and possible it could be cheeper to have it rebuilt...

inflikti0n
06-05-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by dhcarss
If there is someone around you that can rebuild it for you I would go that way, I just went through putting 3 alt on my car in the past 2 months, same as one you could get from auto zone or somewhere like that, and possible it could be cheeper to have it rebuilt...

how much would that cost? or does that all depend on the mechanic?

vtec11
06-05-2002, 05:32 AM
i got a rebuilt one from a local parts store for around $85. looks brand new inside and out.

installed it about six months ago and works fine. check out the prices at a local parts store. i also called napa they had like 6 different ones for our cars...

1988starter
06-05-2002, 07:44 AM
I got a new one from autozone for 90 but do not forget to bring the old one for a core.

POS carb
06-05-2002, 10:37 AM
definately get a rebuild. A true "NEW" one will run you well over $100 and a rebuild is just as good because they swap the brushes

offthahook
06-05-2002, 12:42 PM
A new one would prolly be $300, if you could even get one... Honda sells rebuilt ones at the dealer and they are $$$$. I have heard that rebuilt ones fail often. The part is covered, but not the labor. $90-100 is gonna be the cost, plus your old one. Make sure your flywheel is good, too.

CoAsTeR
06-05-2002, 04:14 PM
ummm.... just checkin' but you realize you have to do the fuel pump and rip the whole interior out plus a million other things to make that FI motor to go eh? Thats a big job........ I'd like to do it one day but.... I dunnoo...

you mentioned you just bought the motor...... what about everything else? I'm sure you got it under control, just threw me off when you said, just bought the motor hehehe...

upstateaccord
06-05-2002, 08:23 PM
i have one with a reciept that i'll sell for 75 plus actual shipping(13026)...hasnt been used in an engine that runs.... bought it for an engine that im rebuilding, but i have dont have much left.... will try to post reciept tomomorow...bought for 140+(it was for an 87 lxi)..will throw in a fuel pump that works for free(add on to shipping)