PDA

View Full Version : cd player/power prob....

original2k
05-04-2003, 04:25 PM
yo peeps, i just bought a new cd player and it won't turn on, i kinda have an idea what it could be but i want a second opinion if u know what i mean, when i turn on the car, the buttons illuminate on the player but that's it, i've checked with my man next door he says it looks wired fine to him, now the possible probs i think are 1) i've noticed recently when turning on the head lights/marker lights that my dash clock gets REALLY dim, almost to the point where u can't see it in daylight, 2) the clock resets itself everytime i turn on the car AND my stock radio does also (resets to a default station), the fuse is fine cuz i've actually replaced it even tho it looked fine and it's still the same prob, also on my battery the top appears to be getting moisturized??? ANY help (as always) is greatly appreciated guys, thanks in advance....

88LX-iSedan
05-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Probably need a new batt ..Or maybe let your car run for a while and see if it charges back up. ..Do you know for sure if the Head Unit is wired right? ..If you dont have a radio wiring diagram for your car you can always look on the net for one (Im assuming you have a wiring diagram for the H/U) or go to the honda dealer and ask them to print one out for you ..The honda dealer should more than likely do it for free (They did for me) ...Sorry if none of that helps any

pimp86LX
05-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Hook up a volt meter to the battery. It may not be getting charged or there is a leak somewere in the wiring system. My taillights had an electrical leak and would kill my battery every week or so.

original2k
05-05-2003, 05:04 AM
ok, i was thinking the battery too, well i've noticed this mositure building (from within?) on the battery, i think the battery is crap, i gotta get it check out at the auto store, i'll get back with u guys when i do that, thanks!

catalin
05-05-2003, 10:28 PM
Constant/Memory fuse is blown either at the under dash fuse block or under the hood... Sory do not remember which one it is.

88LX-iSedan
05-05-2003, 11:04 PM
Dash Fuse Box = Fuse 13(10A) - Under-Hood Fuse Box(Hot at all Times) = Fuse 11(10A) ..If you wired the H/U up with the Batt connected Fuse 11 is blown.

original2k
05-06-2003, 04:51 PM
what da freak! your right! omg i'm such a n00b........and now my clock and ish are working too hahahaha, yo i feel so stupid, thx man, i never knew that fuse had anything to do with it

88LX-iSedan
05-06-2003, 08:03 PM
np, Glad to see it was only a fuse ..heh

Edit:I can't take all the praise, Catalin suggested the same thing ..I just had a little more detail :D

catalin
05-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by 88LX-iSedan
np, Glad to see it was only a fuse ..heh

Edit:I can't take all the praise, Catalin suggested the same thing ..I just had a little more detail :D

It's all good.. we're here to help each other out.. :)

original2k
05-07-2003, 03:40 AM
well thank you both, i'm am SO glad to realize that it's only a fuse too, man i took my battery to the shop have it checked and everything, i even had them look up an alternator for me, man but like u said, i just need to be glad it was only a fuse no matter how dumb i feel now, whew, that was a close one! thanks again to ALL that replied and added their 2 cents, much appreciated :)

catalin
05-07-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by original2k
well thank you both, i'm am SO glad to realize that it's only a fuse too, man i took my battery to the shop have it checked and everything, i even had them look up an alternator for me, man but like u said, i just need to be glad it was only a fuse no matter how dumb i feel now, whew, that was a close one! thanks again to ALL that replied and added their 2 cents, much appreciated :)

It's usually a simple thing.. unless you do some kind of crazy re-wiring. Keep in my too, to never replace a fuse with a higher amperage.
Common knowledge to most but some people still do it anyways.

bambamky
05-11-2003, 11:19 AM
either the dash fuse box or the fuse to the cd player or you might have burnt the player and not even know it!