PDA

View Full Version : 4bbl

88LXDUDE16
05-05-2003, 05:29 AM
my 88LX has the stock 2bbl carb on. without going webber or anything else would a 4bbl carb fit without changing the manifold? i just want to go bigger so more fuel and air or would bigger jets be the way to go. i don't want to go webber because i love my CC!

1988starter
05-05-2003, 08:11 AM
If you made a custom adapter plate maybe but I don't think there is any bolt on just go webber and rig up a CC vacume port I am sure someone here could help you.

A20A1
05-05-2003, 12:15 PM
the problem with the 4bbl manual secondary is the jets and the venturis... the venturies need to have the right amount of restriction to get enough vacuum to pull the fuel out... when only the primaries are open the carb will work ok but once you open the secondaries you'll lose a lot of vacuum to the primaries and will get more air then fuel cause the venturi vacuum signal is weaker.

If you use a 4bbl with a vacuum controlled secondary you'll still need to deal with the jets, but the secondary will only open if it needs too.

88LXDUDE16
05-06-2003, 05:27 AM
is there a manifold made for our cars that will support a 4bbl carb? or maybe a performance 1 for a 2bbl so we can get more power? all i really want to do is get a performance intake manifold and maybe a bigger better carb so i get some more power with out a turbo or nitrus.

POS carb
05-06-2003, 03:17 PM
no it's all custom really