PDA

View Full Version : Glasspack

88LXDUDE16
05-05-2003, 05:33 AM
i want a deeper sound without a whole lot of work. and installing a glasspack would be easy right? anyways would it work? and possable improve performance?

Sabz5150
05-05-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by 88LXDUDE16
i want a deeper sound without a whole lot of work. and installing a glasspack would be easy right? anyways would it work? and possable improve performance?

I have a 3A racing glasspack fartgun on my car, and it gives a nice deep tone to it. If you're running stock exhaust, you'll need to get an adapter to fit the muffler to the exhaust (buy a 1 3/4 to whatever size, usually 2 1/4. It'll run you about two bux).

As for performance, if you're still all stock then the muff will only sound good.

od2681
05-06-2003, 08:55 PM
what the hell is all this glasspack...heard a lot of people make fun of it....but never seen one..Is taht the cherry bomb crap.....

88LXDUDE16
05-07-2003, 05:29 AM
its a fiberglassed packed muffeler that has a straight through design and has a really deep tone to it.

Grant2k
05-07-2003, 08:25 AM
just about any aftermarket muffler you buy is going to be a glasspack. as was already said, it uses fibreglass insulation to deaden the sound. so since all mufflers are different you really can't say how it will sound. some are real high pitched, some are real low. since a Cherry Bomb is a small thim muffler it's going to be really loud, and as to high or low pitched, i wouldn't want to say.

and i don't mean to say there aren't aftermarket mufflers that are actual mufflers with baffles, because there are.