PDA

View Full Version : clutch is gay

MoBFiGGa
05-05-2003, 07:39 AM
:wtf: was driving along all nice then all the sudden may clutch went limp and i couldnt shift gears if it is the cable :wtf: cuz its brand new and so is the clutch

MY Car would be so fckin ill if the people i pay to do shit to it werent retarded:flipa:

ACCORD EX
05-05-2003, 11:47 AM
may be the cable got out if it's place !? so did it feel like neutral ! ? or you couldn't shift gears ( already in gear )

first case ( neutral ) means clutch , pressure plate slipping !
second case > cable , transmission fluid !

MIKE

'89AccordLX(Rus)
05-06-2003, 06:09 AM
When you say the clutch went limp do you mean the pedal didn't do anything? If so it is probably the cable, first check in the cabin for problems and then progress to the engine and check that the cable is secured everywhere it needs to be. Have someone in the car press the clutch pedal and check what is happening under the hood.

Hope this is helpful.

MoBFiGGa
05-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by '89AccordLX(Rus)
When you say the clutch went limp do you mean the pedal didn't do anything? If so it is probably the cable, first check in the cabin for problems and then progress to the engine and check that the cable is secured everywhere it needs to be. Have someone in the car press the clutch pedal and check what is happening under the hood.

Hope this is helpful.

the peddle does nothing it feels like it is connected to nothin. i was driving along then in mid shift i couldnt put it in anygear.....probably cable but where does the cable connect? will i have to have someone tear entire clutch out just to reconnect gay cable????? if so there will be a stabbed mechanic
:burn:

Mike's89AccordLX
05-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Well the work should be under some kind of warrenty so just take it back to the shop. It sounds like the clutch cable.

ACCORD EX
05-06-2003, 11:42 AM
clutch cable is not connected to inside of the transmission !
it's connected to a lever ! just look under your distributer !

MIKE

thundertank
05-07-2003, 12:42 AM
Mine did the same thing after I did my clutch. Its the cable yeah just look under the distributor it connects to the top of your tranny it slips into a holder and you have an adjusting knob on the end of it.

MoBFiGGa
05-08-2003, 05:56 AM
fixed it 2days ago,,,,,,,thanx

ACCORD EX
05-08-2003, 06:22 AM
glad to hear that ! :)

MIKE