PDA

View Full Version : Just finished carbed to EFI swap...

hornet
06-03-2002, 09:20 AM
Hello, this has been a very helpful forum.
I just started racing the 4cylinder hornet division at a local 3/8 mile dirt track here, and am running an 88 Accord coupe. Blew up the carbed engine so I swapped in a complete EFI engine. A lot of work but not real hard. It did take almost 2 weeks though.

My question is regaurding the location and the importance of the Atmospheric pressure sensor (BARO sensor). I am getting a code 13 now. The check engine light was never on when everything was in the doner car (89 SEI). The Haynes manual says the sensor is located on the left rear inner fender, but there is nothing there. Does anyone know where it is, what it looks like, or if I even really need it.

Sean
06-03-2002, 06:47 PM
with out it the engine will surge at idle and its located in the magic vacum box. go over yr vacum lines again.

hornet
06-03-2002, 08:01 PM
Cool, I'll check it out tomorrow. It does surge a little at idle like you said.
Thanks......

accordlx
06-03-2002, 08:04 PM
Don't quote me on this but I think it is somewhere inside the car behind the glovebox or in the vaccuum hose black box. I can't remember. This came up sometime in the past and we did discover that it was not where the Haynes manual said it was. Someone with a factory shop manual help me here.

YK86
06-04-2002, 10:49 AM
The Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor is in the black vaccum box (hose #21 but that is for an 86 Accord, not sure about 89) while the Atmospheric Pressure Sensor is located behind the glovebox.

carotman
06-04-2002, 02:26 PM
Haynes is completely wrong on that one!!!!!

The sensor is located under the heater blower motor.

It's hard to see exactly where it's located but you can see the screw holding it down.

http://www.86-89accord.com/ezboard/EFI/pressuresensor.jpg

(BTW, that was in the How-to Section I wrote)

hornet
06-05-2002, 07:58 PM
Thank you every one. I found the sensor, plugged it in and it took care of the check engine light. Now I can't wait till Sunday night to see if all of this work pays off.
Again thanks alot................

GreenMachine
06-26-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey Hornet are you using that auto neutral safety switch ?
can you tell me if you have encountered any problems with it, also
is it white and abou 4"x2" cpu lookin thing with a mess of about 11 wires going to it and a ground. Thanx
Did you run into any other problem during the conversion ?:D

GreenMachine
07-03-2002, 05:40 PM
Oh, Okay thanx

hornet
07-05-2002, 03:38 PM
Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been putting a new roof on my house for the past week and have'nt even looked at my Computer.

That sounds like the description of the ns switch, 3 or so plugs go on it, and it has a little slot in the side with a slider deal that moves with the shifter. I just slid it to the park position and works fine.

The only other problem I have is now the car seems to surge at idle sometimes. Like if I start it and let it idle for just a little bit then rev it up, let it go back to idle it will surge.

Then there is a small 2 wire plug (red and black), on the pass side near the starter that I don't know where it goes. On the carbed car that plug went to the air filter housing. I can't find where it goes on this one though.

GreenMachine
07-07-2002, 03:47 PM
Thanx for the response - good luck with the roof:D