PDA

View Full Version : How to check ignition timing?

Mantis88LX
05-05-2003, 12:10 PM
so what do i mark the flywheel with? and do i just aim it and it shows a number or what?

sorry for the newbie question but no one will explain this enough for me to understand, thanx

ACCORD EX
05-05-2003, 12:16 PM
it's very confusing reading it ! i know believe me ! ( never lerned it until i saw it !

you connect 2 terminals to teh battery , 3rd one to teh 1st cylinder spark wire !

aim it at teh flywheel ( set the timing gun at the degee you want first which differs from carb , EFI , Manual , auto !

then aim the gun to teh flywheel opening ( engine running ofcourse )

now the light is always flashing , and it freezes a mark on the turning flywheel ( you see through the hole )

this mark should be aligned with the mark near it !
if not then adjust it by turning the distributer !

you will never imagine it till you see it !

hope this helps !
MIKE

AccordEpicenter
05-05-2003, 07:24 PM
also the cylinders count from the timing belt side, not the distributor side!!! trust me tons of people screw that up... so the furthest cyl from the distributor is #1. Also to adjust the distributor dont grap the cap or put your hand around it... thatll get ya one nasty shock. Just loosen the distributor bolts and turn it by the base of the distributor to get what you want... while checking your timing marks

ACCORD EX
05-06-2003, 12:04 AM
here is a page from teh service manual with all the instructions ! hope this helps !

http://members.fortunecity.com/accordex87/timing.jpg

MIKE

Chrome_thangs
05-08-2003, 12:07 AM
Hey Mantis88lx, when are you going to send my money or my Integra lip that you were supposed to send 2 months ago!!!!!!!!!!
Don't give me any bullshit, you know your wrong! And your still trying to sell a bunch of shit on here now! You have been reported to the moderators!:rant: