PDA

View Full Version : Carb gods please help?

Darkside
05-05-2003, 02:05 PM
How do you adjust the float level on the weber 32/26 and do I have to buy new o rings first. I've been told to readjust my float level to fix a couple of problems. 1st I can't burn out I rev her up and drop and boom dead leaned out. And If I go around a tight 180 degree corner it lurches. If I'm rolling I can spin the tires and it feel strong after rolling just won't launch. Please help. Darkside

A20A1
05-05-2003, 05:40 PM
it may also be the idle mixture screw.

it's a bit tricky to set the float... is yours plastic or brass?

shepherd79
05-05-2003, 05:52 PM
i wish i could help, but i don't know anything about webers.

79EK1
05-05-2003, 07:44 PM
You adjust the float level by removing the top of the carb, then bending the tabs on the float and setting them to a specific measurement. Check out this link and scroll to the bottom of the page for a diagram and measurements. That's really a starting point. The level can be fine tuned for your style of driving.

The lurching on corners is called lean surging, and it's a common problem with the 32/36 style carbs on Hondas. The float pivots sideways when mounted on the intake, so the main jets can't get fuel when the gas is flung to the opposite side of the fuel bowl.

http://www.racetep.com/weber.html

Mike's89AccordLX
05-06-2003, 07:34 AM
The carb maybe needs to be re-jetted. I know when I re-jetted my weber I could spin those tire like no tomorrow.

Darkside
05-06-2003, 11:18 AM
I assume that there is a fix to this "common" problem. I don't think it's air/ fuel that has been tuned to perfection almost no hesitation anywhere. But the car dies(too lean) when to do a burn out or hard corner. I think I'll try to adjust the float levels. I think this can be done while this is on the car. Any more help would be great. Thanks

Mike's89AccordLX
05-06-2003, 11:22 AM
Have you re-jetted the carb then? Maybe you need to adjust the throttle cable. What rpms does it idle at? Did you re-drill that hole in the throttle linkage?

A20A1
05-06-2003, 12:26 PM
the carb can stay on the car but you need to take the top hat off and rest it on a flat surface. I'll see if I can scan the instruction out of my book.

Darkside
05-06-2003, 01:04 PM
The idle is just under 1000 and it is perfect no hesitation. It rippes if I'm going or come off the line gradually. only problems are launching and hard corners. I did move the throttle but I going to make a custom piece next weekend. I'm like a 1/16 of an inch away from open throttle. Thanks guys.
Just talked to a friend at work he had the same carb on his Toyota truck and he will show me how to adjust the floats on Friday.

thundertank
05-07-2003, 12:27 AM
Let me know how that goes. Mine dies on sharp turns sometimes too. If I brake and make a hard turn at the same time it tries to spudder and die. also when i brake really hard it will spudder. Im noticing the same issues. Let me know darkside or if anyone else knows too. I just installed the weber on mine too. I also am just barely shy of wide open you really have to stomp the pedal to get that secondary wide open.

Darkside
05-09-2003, 09:26 AM
Adjust the floats take the top of the carb off use the measurments off the link on this post. Just bend the metal tabs. This was definetly the source of all my carb problems. PM me with questions. Darkside