PDA

View Full Version : P.S. leaking!

InfinityAudioLXi
05-05-2003, 03:34 PM
I recently found out that my P.S. pipe was leaking. According to Majestic Honda the new pipe is like $80, or so. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to fix the pipe without replacing the pipe or removing the whole P.S. system? On the pic below it is #8. Right after it gets away from the P.S. fluid tank is where the link is. So any and all suggestions are welcome.http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/catimgs/13SE00_J31.gif

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-05-2003, 04:34 PM
I don't think there's really any other ways to fix it without replacing the hose, except by just disconnecting the p/s belt. What I'd do though is just go to the junkyard (one where you can pick your own parts). I'd say a good 85-90% of the 3geez I see at the junkyard here have p/s hoses that look brand spankin new (you can tell they've been replaced cuz the hose fitting onto the pump is a little differnet, usually more sqare than rounded like the original. Plus it's all nice and clean), and alot cheaper too.

:)

InfinityAudioLXi
05-16-2003, 06:25 AM
I just wanted to say thanks because I never thought of going to a U Pull-It. I went to one last weekend and it was like a damn treasure chest full of 86-89 accords, and they were all still in good condition. Whereas some of the other junk yards they are just stripped to the frame. But I ended up getting it and it worked great. I was a two man job for sure but I had to do it myself so it took about 5 hours because of the fitted metal hosing at the bottom of the hose. But I just wanted to say thank you very much!!!!!:D