PDA

View Full Version : local Junk yard has 88 Lude brake set up Same as 87 LXI???

PogiLXI
05-05-2003, 07:48 PM
ok, this local junk yard has a 88 Lude. he was telling me there is so SEI. DX LX and LXI. ok did the SEI not come to US? im confused. I really didnt want to argue with the guy, he really knows his stuff. from what I understand, 89 LXI and SEI are the Same except interior. right? so 89 LXI bake set up should fit on my 87 LXI hatch.

ok, he said the 88 Lude has brake DISCS and brake Discs in the back. and it should be an easy bolt out and in Procedure.

does the 88 LUDE have bigger brakes and Calipers then my LXI???? thanks, he said he can get me ALL that I need for 200 bucks, that a fucking steal if you ask me.

crwa
05-05-2003, 09:12 PM
Do a search, its not as easy as he's tellin you, and if he thinks sei's are only jdm and euro, then go down the street to the next guy cause this guy doesn't know thing about accord, and there's a few more differences besides interior with the sei's and lxi's, alot more... 87 lxi's should have disks in the front, why do you want 89 rotors, there a little bigger I think, but thats it... and if they are larger then you have to do all new calipers and what now and if you have stock 13''s, you now have to get 14''s to accept the larger rotors... and $200 sound like alot to me for all used shit, and its not as easy as he's makin it out to be, he just wants to make some cash...

But then again its your car, so do what you want...

1989 DX R
05-06-2003, 12:23 PM
Um...ok.

1st) The SE-i was the only American Accord to have rear disks.
2nd) The 'Lude setup will NOT work.
3rd) The front rotors changed between 86-87 models and 88-89 models. The rear drums (DX, LX, LX-i) were the same.

So what you want would be a whole working SE-i brake system. You'd need the whole enchilada + bigger rims.

POS carb
05-06-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by 1989 DX R

2nd) The 'Lude setup will NOT work.

r u sure?? :stick:

bobafett
05-06-2003, 04:37 PM
it can be made to fit with a simple adapter plate that 87hybrid is making. but in its stock form, no, it will not fit.

Grant2k
05-07-2003, 09:51 AM
the only year for USDM SEi accords was 89, so technically he's right because there is no 87 or 88 SEi.