PDA

View Full Version : My freaking windows are fogging

c20v6turbo3rdgen
05-06-2003, 09:26 PM
I can't get my windows to stop fogging when it is raining or when it kinda chilly outside. I left my windows ope today and it rained all day so I am kinda pissed I took it to the vacuum to suck it all out and got most of it. I am going to rip the freaking windows out and break them:mad: Well I am going to fully detail my car and tae pics of it if I can upload them to my laptop I just got. Windows XP does not see the cam

dj99
05-07-2003, 06:04 AM
Close the windows and turn the A/C on. If it is cold, then turn the heat on too. It works really well, because the A/C takes the moisture out of the air.

Some newer cars do this automatically.

88LX-iSedan
05-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Just set it to fresh air, That will get rid of fogged windows.

ACCORD EX
05-07-2003, 10:43 AM
i open teh fan directed towards the front glass with no heat or AC !

MIKE

OldSchoolSwap
05-07-2003, 11:19 AM
RAIN X anti fog version :D
Try that!

Mike89Accordcom
05-07-2003, 12:28 PM
AC always works or defrost. Or when it isn't raining open the windows. Your defrost could be messed up.

Coitis1
05-07-2003, 01:07 PM
i kinda have that problem too. i havent mastered the skill of defrosting windows. opening the windows always seems to help though.

anchovies
05-07-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by OldSchoolSwap
RAIN X anti fog version :D
Try that!

those blady swirl marks doesn't wipe off :mad:

MrBen
05-07-2003, 09:18 PM
Angle your dash vents to the window and set on VENT. Works like a charm for me.

:)

87accordlxi
05-07-2003, 09:30 PM
A/C is a dehumidifier. it will remove fogging from the inside of your windows.

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-07-2003, 09:46 PM
If you use the a/c, put it on REC and it will work even better

88LX-iSedan
05-07-2003, 10:15 PM
FRESH AIR!!! ..hehe (Same thing as opening the windows)

Jareds 89 LX-i
05-07-2003, 10:28 PM
Fresh is for without a/c on, REC is for with a/c on. If you use REC without the a/c, the windows will fog up in no time. Reason being is cuz the a/c acts as a dehumidifier, in which it sucks in air from inside the cabin and the blower blows it through the very cold evaporator case, where the temp of the air drops drastically, which causes the moisture in the air to condense into liquid water and drain out onto the ground. After a minute or two, all the moisture in the air has condensed to liquid water, and there is no longer any moisture in the air to fog up the windows, and since it's now recirculating the dry air no more moist air is coming in as it would on fresh.

YK86
05-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Make sure there are no leaks in the trunk/car as well which can be the root of all the fogging problems.

88LX-iSedan
05-08-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Jareds 89 LX-i
Fresh is for without a/c on, REC is for with a/c on. If you use REC without the a/c, the windows will fog up in no time. Reason being is cuz the a/c acts as a dehumidifier, in which it sucks in air from inside the cabin and the blower blows it through the very cold evaporator case, where the temp of the air drops drastically, which causes the moisture in the air to condense into liquid water and drain out onto the ground. After a minute or two, all the moisture in the air has condensed to liquid water, and there is no longer any moisture in the air to fog up the windows, and since it's now recirculating the dry air no more moist air is coming in as it would on fresh.

Ohh yeah.. I don't have a/c so then i guess that's why Fresh works best for me. So if you dont have a/c just use fresh :D ..heh Bout forgot, If someone lets a raunchy fart then deffinetely dont use Rec ..Fressshhh!

c20v6turbo3rdgen
05-09-2003, 03:33 AM
i have my backseat down cause of my vt box and rf

87AccordsterLx
05-12-2003, 10:42 AM
David, our sh*t got fogged up again when you came over yesterday... The problem with us is that the humidity here is insane sometimes... it can be 99% and not raining. Damn the south. OSS I know its bad over there also.. does the rain-x help? My uncle swears by it. Could you put it on the inside of the windows also? That seems to be where it fogs up the most, the outside isn't as bad. I just noticed that the majority of the people that posted live in the south... :) I guess I never had to worry about stuff like this in Cali....

Blue Impact
05-12-2003, 11:03 AM
STOP HAVING SEX IN YOUR CAR WITH THE WINDOWS UP WHEN IT RAINS OR IS CHILLY OUTSIDE!!! :D

87AccordsterLx
05-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Blue Impact
STOP HAVING SEX IN YOUR CAR WITH THE WINDOWS UP WHEN IT RAINS OR IS CHILLY OUTSIDE!!! :D

HAHA!!! What sucks is that we weren't even in our cars when they fogged up. We were spraying David's headlight covers, both of our cars were parked and turned off. I think I will try some rain-x.

'A20A3'
05-13-2003, 07:43 PM
rain-ex make this shit called "fog-ex", put some on the inside of your windows. works like a charm everytime.