PDA

View Full Version : 3g lxi or sei without sunroof

mixmatch
06-03-2002, 02:39 PM
ok i know the sunroof is optional on these models...but how common is it to find one?

i personally have never seen one without one but i want the efi model but no sunroof so am i stuck with converting a lx to efi? or is there hope?

POS carb
06-03-2002, 02:48 PM
the LXi has EFI but if you're talking about buying it for the EFI parts what do you care if it has a sunroof or not? Get the SEi for all the goodies like cupholders and rear disks!

mixmatch
06-03-2002, 03:58 PM
im not buying it for the parts i was planning on doing a swap into one cuz mine needs to much stuff to b changed and i only have the one car.....so im planning on buying another shell thats already set up for 5spd and possibly efi....but if i cant find a sei or lxi without a sunroof ...then ill just get a lx and go with that

damackz
06-03-2002, 04:14 PM
the coupes dont come with a sunroof

offthahook
06-03-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by damackz
the coupes dont come with a sunroof
Right. Honda did not option sunroofs. Honda usually just options trannies and leather/cloth. If you want a factory sunroof, you buy an EX or LX-i (Coupes didn't have factory moonroofs until 90). If you want factory rims, you get an lx-i or pay a lot for the accessory rims. ALL 4 door FI Accords have the sunroof. NO FI coupes have factory sunroofs. Maybe dealer add ons (Like my coupe does), but Honda kept power locks and power moonroofs outta the coupes and HB until 90. No HB Accord after 89.

Mike89Accordcom
06-03-2002, 07:48 PM
Yeah the SE-I and LX-I did have electric sunroofs, but were usually put in after purchase although some did come with them.

mixmatch
06-03-2002, 10:48 PM
so ur saying my search for a 4dr efi model without a sunroof is pointless and fruitless...oh well thats what i was thinking neways...thnx for the info though

YK86
06-04-2002, 11:00 AM
I think Moonscryer told me awhile back that it was optional not to have a sunroof in a 4 dr LX-i/SE-i but I have never seen one without a sunroof.

offthahook
06-04-2002, 04:25 PM
I worked as a detail man at Honda in 91. There are no 4door FUEL INJECTED Accords (lx-i, se-i) without factory moonroofs. I have the dealer brochures that tell you what you get. DX/LX Carbed models never had factory sunroofs-- coupe, HB, or sedan!! Also, there are exactly ZERO 2 doors or HB's that were the LX trim from 86-89; DX or lx-i only. Dealers probably did add them on though. Show me a FI (lx-i or se-i) sedan from 86-89 WITHOUT a factory moonroof!!!