PDA

View Full Version : Faded trim

89accord_lxi_coupe
05-08-2003, 06:08 AM
HEY
if you look at my car you can tell the black trim is faded. it's almost white in some places. i've heard of products that can help bring back the black(sounds like a movie title). does anyone know what i'm talking about? then of course there is the option of painting the trim. what can you reccomend for that, because i would like to weight my options. holla back at me will ya.

-Nolan

meohmy01
05-08-2003, 09:35 AM
the body side moldings? just paint it the body color. you can usually get a decent match from duplicolor.

Mike89Accordcom
05-08-2003, 09:39 AM
Yep mine were fading bad until I repainted them and now they look brandnew. So just paint them.

jigga89SEi
05-08-2003, 12:14 PM
I just sprayed mine with some hi-temp paint looks brand new from the factory..... Spray paint'll do it man

88LX-iSedan
05-08-2003, 12:34 PM
Or for a temp fix (But you're better off paiting them) get some Black Magic Tire Wet and spray it on every thing that is black works great on the Engine to ..Please don't get it on the windows though

89accord_lxi_coupe
05-08-2003, 01:44 PM
dupli-color? ok, do i have to sand or anything? besides taping off what prep is necessary? thanks for the info.

-Nolan

meohmy01
05-08-2003, 02:02 PM
if you ever plan on painting your moldings or your car do not get anything like armeral on them. it repels paint like you wouldn't believe.

as for prep lightly sand the hard plastic and prime everything with a few coats of primer. then tape off and paint. you can get the duplicolor stuff at like autozone. ask them to look up your color code and they should be able give you a decent match. if not they'll oreder you a can of it.

Micah 89LXi
05-09-2003, 08:10 AM
tire wet does nothing for trim......trust me..go to sutozone buy a can of bond aid adhesion promoter and some 400 grit sandpaper..and a can of duplicolor trim paint......first use dish soap and clean that trim as much as possible..get all teh old armorall off it and crap and then sand it rough it up a bit..trust me when u paint it the scratches wont show...then tape off your doors and bumpers and crap..sprak that adhesion promoter on all your trim you wil be painting...wait about 10-15mins for it to dry then shoot it with about 3 coats of that trim piant let that dry...thing u gotta watch is when u take off the tape it took some of the trim paint off with it and in some places i had to spray some paint in the cap and use a brush to touch it up..but mine turned out awsome...its the best looking thing on the car besides my headlights...if you guys have your awsome paint jobs and faded trims you need to paint em faded trim ruins the whole loook

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/SSGoku/trim2.jpg

Micah 89LXi
05-09-2003, 08:30 AM
oh and once you sand the trim make sure you wipe it off with a damp rag so you dont have any dust left