PDA

View Full Version : I Hate State Troopers With A Passion

88accordlxi
05-08-2003, 06:14 AM
:mad: :pissed: :rant: :mad: :pissed: :rant: :mad: :pissed: :rant:

well last night i got pulled over once again for my exhaust, minding my own business doing not one god damn thing wrong and i pass a statey and he throws on the reverse lights and comes after my ass. pulls me over for an altered exhaust, then begins to go over the rest of my car, telling me how much the fines for things would be. now i have 30 days to get my exhaust back to stock or I lose my liscense. I am so pissed I can barely explain the anger im feeling. thanks for lettin me yell.

ACCORD EX
05-08-2003, 06:30 AM
is it illegal up there ? or this whatever he is , is fucking with you ?

MIKE

88accordlxi
05-08-2003, 06:58 AM
it must be, he said it was illegal, so did the first state trooper that pulled me over for it.

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-08-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by 88accordlxi
it must be, he said it was illegal, so did the first state trooper that pulled me over for it.

Sell that exhaust and buy a legal one... Somebody sells them.. This way they can't bother you anymore..

88accordlxi
05-08-2003, 07:58 AM
but then there goes the whole performance aspect. bring the car down so much.

even if i have a legal exhaust put on, i have 2.25" catback piping, will it still be loud?

bobafett
05-08-2003, 08:15 AM
just buy a dynomax super turbo and get a somewhat stock tip.

OOOOOR get it tested, and if its under 90dB then its legal at least in washington and oregon i think thats the case. hes just fucking with you. it MIGHT not be legal, but who cares as long as u believe and pay the fine or return to stock. it doenst matter to the cop if its legal or not.

AccordEpicenter
05-08-2003, 10:01 AM
so what else is illegal? Correct me if im wrong but if the exaust is not LOUD and has a cat and isnt leaking, its CARB legal and they cant touch you, i mean, define stock exaust...

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-08-2003, 10:04 AM
but then there goes the whole performance aspect. bring the car down so much.

even if i have a legal exhaust put on, i have 2.25" catback piping, will it still be loud?

Not much a performance gain with an exhaust..

88accordlxi
05-08-2003, 10:19 AM
he said i had a modified exhaust(so he was most likely talking about the muffler)which i guess going by what he's saying is illegal, he didn't say anything about the noise.

88LX-iSedan
05-08-2003, 12:43 PM
He must've been pretty F-ing bored to pull you over for only a Modified Exhaust, And he didnt even say anything about it being loud. ..WTF

1988starter
05-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Yea get a dynomax they look stock and come with no tip so you can just get a 2.25 inch adapter to like 1.5 and run a i.5 pipe tip out.

bobafett
05-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by 1988starter
Yea get a dynomax they look stock and come with no tip so you can just get a 2.25 inch adapter to like 1.5 and run a i.5 pipe tip out.

holy shit why didnt i think of thaT!!!

hhehe jk! :) :super: :flash: :pimp:

1988starter
05-08-2003, 01:49 PM
I was being more specific many people here need extra guidence

crwa
05-08-2003, 01:53 PM
most systems say if they are 50 state legal, just get one of those, but honestly i think he's just messin with you, call your local police department and ask if its legal to put on an aftermarket exhaust system, if they say yes which they will, then the state trooper can't bother you again, and if he does then tell him '' '' '' police department said it was legal, and he'll never bother you again...

call and ask, don't make any excuses., just make the call and ask, after all thats what they are there for...

besides troopers are dicks anyway, they abuse there authority all the time, maybe its the hats they wear...

bobafett
05-08-2003, 01:53 PM
ya i know i was just kidding. a lot of times people NEEEEED things to be posted several times before they actually register it! :) no worries man!

crwa
05-08-2003, 01:54 PM
ohhh, they can' take your license, thats bs...

Morpheus
05-08-2003, 02:05 PM
That's gay, I live in MA and that better not happen to me when I start modding.

88accordlxi
05-08-2003, 03:15 PM
thanks for all the replies guys. i was a little confused when he said if i didn't get it replaced to stock in 30 days. because all's i got was the 50 dollar ticket nothing else stating the 30 days thing, so im thinking he just said that so i'd change it. I'm so pissed that this happened, im defenitly gonna look into seeing if any of this exhaust stuff is illegal, cause even if it was for sound who the fuck are they to write a ticket for me when stock stangs and harley davidson's are like double probably even triple the sound pollution.

88accordlxi
05-08-2003, 04:03 PM
well i just called the common wealth of massachusetts state police headquarters and they said that the alteration of the pipe or muffler is illegal. so i guess i have no choice but to switch the exhaust to stock. if anyone else has any more input, feel free, i'm listening

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
05-08-2003, 04:08 PM
well i just called the common wealth of massachusetts state police headquarters and they said that the alteration of the pipe or muffler is illegal. so i guess i have no choice but to switch the exhaust to stock. if anyone else has any more input, feel free, i'm listening

He did the research now do more.. Find a loophole.. What is their exact defenition of altered? What exactly makes it illegal..Find out it might help you.

'A20A3'
05-08-2003, 06:52 PM
definetly man...every system in the world is flawed, find that flaw and you're free...:burn:

Justin86
05-10-2003, 09:17 AM
Man that is pretty fucked up. I would be flipping shit over that. I have a gutted cat and no muffler and I haven't got any crap from the cops here in Oregon.

Sabz5150
05-10-2003, 11:27 AM
I'll put a stock muff back on my car when the cops make all of those Harley nuts quiet down their bikes that make ten times the amount of noise that our cars do.

Till then, fuck 'em.

Strahan
05-11-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by crwa
most systems say if they are 50 state legal, just get one of those, but honestly i think he's just messin with you, call your local police department and ask if its legal to put on an aftermarket exhaust system, if they say yes which they will, then the state trooper can't bother you again, and if he does then tell him '' '' '' police department said it was legal, and he'll never bother you again...

call and ask, don't make any excuses., just make the call and ask, after all thats what they are there for...

besides troopers are dicks anyway, they abuse there authority all the time, maybe its the hats they wear...

If you say that to a state trooper he/she'd probably laugh at you. They don't care what the local police thinks, neither will the judge if you fight it. Just because someone who answers the phone at a police department says it's so doesn't mean it is. Even if a police officer says "so-and-so is legal/illegal" they can be wrong. It boils down to what's on the lawbooks. Do a search for vehicle inspection code in your state and check with that first, they usually go by inspection codes. Alot of states though have similar anti-tuning regulations, it's just a question of getting caught or not.

SirRapier
05-14-2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah I hear that alot. It's illegal here in WA but they dont really say shit to use about it. I did get stop for my side markers tho. He said they were too white cause the amber had worn off. The fucked up shit was he didnt give me a ticket for it.. ASSHOLE:burn:

Justin86
05-15-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by SirRapier
Yeah I hear that alot. It's illegal here in WA but they dont really say shit to use about it. I did get stop for my side markers tho. He said they were too white cause the amber had worn off. The fucked up shit was he didnt give me a ticket for it.. ASSHOLE:burn:
I'm sorry but how is it the he is an asshole for not giving you a ticket.

SirRapier
05-15-2003, 09:22 AM
Hes not an asshole for not giving me a ticket. He's an asshole for pulling me over for nothing. You could tell that my sidemarkers were amber he was being a Dick about though.. I guess you had to be there..

Justin86
05-15-2003, 09:49 AM
Ok, that explain it.