PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Smoking form engine!!!!!

My 89 Accord Lxi
06-03-2002, 03:57 PM
Today me and some freinds were going pretty fast to get somewhere i guess i forgot from being so pissed off. and it cost alot to fix i found a site that has somne radiators its http://www.honda-auto-body-parts.com/cgi-bin/honda-auto-parts/index.html?cat=10& but does anyone know if its hard to put in or not and anyone know what i need to put it in like what kinda toolds and stuff i need to put it in and shit likee that . Thanx :burn:

smufguy
06-03-2002, 06:55 PM
all the tools that u need to put a radiator is a 10mm ratchet, a small flat head screwdriver (to unclip wire connectors) and pliers to unclip the hose clips. just remove the cross member on the top of the radiator. unclip the hose. once u remove the top crossmember, and unclip the fan wires on the bottom near the downpipe, just slide the radiator out. but, there will be a nasty dirty hose attached to it on the bottom and u gotta remove it too. so have someone else with you who can give u a hand. just to hold the old radiator up. and flush the whole system before u pull out the radiator caus eu dont want the new radiator to get all the crap in. and this would be a best time to also pull out the coolant resevoir and have the insides cleaned out with a brush. takes about 30 mts to do all this. Not a big deal have fun and good luck.
how much is the radiator by the way?

Jerren
06-03-2002, 06:59 PM
for some reason i dont think he will under stand that.

smufguy
06-03-2002, 07:33 PM
why :confused: :confused: