PDA

View Full Version : small dents

jameson
05-08-2003, 11:26 AM
I've recently seen on t.v this device that pulls out small dents from your car body. If you know what I'm talking about let me know if it works. Also if anyone knows any tricks just let them fly my way.

Thanks

HostileJava
05-10-2003, 08:55 AM
From what I understand the best way to do it is push them out from the other side or have a pro do it.

89AccordHatch
05-12-2003, 09:10 AM
if its anything like that "ding-king" crap..i dont think it would work on many dents.....all the dents they show it actually working on are those pressure dents that pop out with no problem...(pressure dent----like pushing down on the top of a plastic garbage can lid..it pops inward}

Mike89Accordcom
05-12-2003, 09:12 AM
Yeah just take it to someone. Although I have seen people pull them out myself. Just got to know what your doing.

87AccordsterLx
05-12-2003, 10:24 AM
My uncle owned a body shop for years and he told me that if you try to tap out dents like that the metal would be warped still. Its easiest to fill it then paint over.

HostileJava
05-12-2003, 10:57 AM
I had a dent in my front right fender, because some moron in a KFC lot backed into the car and took off, my dad and I just took the fender off and hammered it out using a pice of wood wrapped in cloth and a rubber mallot. Looks just like new, you can tell the dent was ever there, and thanx to Honda's great paint job there was no indication what so ever of the paint being bent.

bambamky
05-22-2003, 02:43 PM
Hey hostileJava thanks for the info dude Ill try that tomorrow!
Ive been trying to find away to get 2 dents out of mine!
the first is on the hood by the "H"
The second you guessed!